Cars crashing into each other a big highlight for Wednesday’s schedule
Crashes. Crunch sounds. Oohs and aahs from the crowd.
Wednesday is Demo Derby Day at the Clark County Fair.
As in Demolition Derby.
Two performances are set for the grandstands. Drivers and their smashed-up rigs will take aim at each other at 2 p.m. and again at 7 p.m.
Why? Because why not?
Crashes, especially in controlled arenas with sophisticated safety equipment, are fun. That’s why.
It is also Prime of Your Life Day, another way of saying Seniors Day at the fair.
Also returning for another performance is the K-9 demonstration by the Clark County Sheriff’s Office. That is at 5:30 p.m.
Of course, dogs are also putting on a show throughout the day with the Dock Dogs competitions.
The rest of Tuesday’s entertainment schedule includes these daily attractions:
The feature exhibit Wild Science runs from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Brad’s World Reptiles goes from 10 a.m. through 10 p.m.
Butterfly Adventures is 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
And the NASCAR Experience goes from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
And of course the carnival, with games and rides. The carnival opens at noon every day.
There are several Pirates Parrot Live Bird Shows on the schedule, with the first one at noon.
Hypnotist Jerry Harris has shows at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
There are also hobbies, crafts, and baking classes available throughout the day.
And animal showing and judging throughout the day.
For a full schedule of Saturday’s events, go to: https://www.clarkcofair.com/schedule.html
- One person injured in Monday morning house fireOne person suffered life-threatening injuries and four residents and their pets from a house fire early Monday morning in Vancouver.
- Opinion: Washington’s slow and restrictive permit process is jeopardizing European investment in the stateMark Harmsworth reports the Washington Policy Center welcomes Gov. Inslee’s renewed interest in streamlining government permitting rules which historically have been a restrictive and long process.
- Vehicle stolen in Portland burglary captured in Clark CountyAt about 10:50 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 25), Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency dispatchers began receiving calls about a reckless driver involved in numerous hit and run accidents.
- CCSO investigating vehicle vandalism in Hazel DellIn the late night or early morning hours Sunday (Sept. 25), several vehicles were vandalized in the area of NW Overlook Drive and NW Hazel Dell Way in the Hazel Dell area of Clark County.
- Fort Vancouver football: A winning week, even in defeatThe Fort Vancouver Trappers completed an eventful week, preparing for a football game after a win, then showcasing a winning attitude despite a loss
- C-TRAN CEO Shawn Donaghy raises concerns with elements of Interstate Bridge Replacement Program’s Modified Locally Preferred AlternativeDonaghy’s comments at Sept. 13 C-TRAN Board of Directors meeting included a report of ‘breakdowns in communication between IBR and partner agencies.’
- U.S. Senate candidate Tiffany Smiley visits Clark CountyU.S. Senate candidate Tiffany Smiley made an appearance in Clark County this past week and she provided some polling information while speaking to a crowd of about 150 supporters at the Clark County Republican Party’s Meet the Candidates BBQ Picnic.