The story follows the spiritual awakening that occurred for many people in the early 1970s
Ken Vance, editor
Clark County Today
For what is described will be “a short time,’’ Clark County residents will have the opportunity to view an eagerly anticipated new movie release beginning Friday (Feb. 24).
Jesus Revolution is a faith-based movie from the same production team that made I Can Only Imagine and American Underdog. The new movie is based on the true story told in the book by the same name, by author Greg Laurie.
The story follows the spiritual awakening that occurred for many people in the early 1970s. A depiction provided on the movie’s website reads: “In the 1970s, young Greg Laurie (played by Joel Courtney) is searching for all the right things in all the wrong places: until he meets Lonnie Frisbee (played by Jonathan Roumie), a charismatic hippie-street-preacher. Together with Pastor Chuck Smith (played by Kelsey Grammer), they open the doors of Smith’s languishing church to an unexpected revival of radical and newfound love, leading to what TIME Magazine dubbed a JESUS REVOLUTION.’’
Pastor Smith has ties to the Clark County community. US Digital Founder and Owner David Madore and his wife Donna were married by Smith.
“Pastor Chuck Smith’s faithful ministry has impacted many people including us personally,’’ Madore said. “As our pastor when we lived in Southern California, he married Donna and I at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa.’’
The Madores are among many area residents eager to view Jesus Revolution.
For more movie times in area theaters, go to https://www.fandango.com/
- Washington Supreme Court upholds constitutionality of capital gains taxThe Washington State Supreme Court has upheld the constitutionality of the state’s capital gains tax. The court released its 7-2 ruling on Friday morning.
- Sen. Lynda Wilson has warning for taxpayers after Supreme Court backs capital-gains income taxSen. Lynda Wilson of Vancouver, budget leader for Senate Republicans, offered this reaction to the state Supreme Court’s ruling today that the tax on capital-gains income adopted by Democratic legislators in 2021 is constitutional.
- Local photographer captures Northern LightsVancouver’s Heather Tianen drove for two hours to find clear skies in hopes of seeing the Northern Lights last night, and she captured some incredible images.
- Arrest made, public assistance still requested regarding October 2022 fatality collisionThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating a fatal collision that claimed the life of a Vancouver man last fall. Vancouver resident Gregory Bailey, 59, was arrested Thursday and charged with one count of Vehicular Homicide.
- Council Chair Karen Bowerman to deliver virtual State of the County AddressClark County Council Chair Karen Dill Bowerman will present the 2023 State of the County address in a video to be released on Tue., April 4.
- Councilor Michelle Belkot to hold first town hall for District 2 with Sheriff John HorchCrime has been in the news often in Hazel Dell and other District 2 areas of Clark County and Councilor Michelle Belkot is inviting area citizens to attend her first town hall to talk about it.
- POLL: Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?
An especially kind friend invited me to a service at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa when I was a teenager. There I heard about why Jesus, the Messiah, came to live in this world. For the first time, I also heard that He would come again, which I later read about in the Bible, book of Matthew, Chapter 24.
It was an event I will always remember because I sensed deeply the love of God in that chapel. Afterward, I bought a Bible to better understand the whole story, and have been reading it and learning more about that Love ever since. (also in study groups and houses of worship.)
Thanks for posting the link for times for the “Jesus Revolution” . There are 3 theaters in Vancouver showing this movie, east, middle, and north county.
Is a revival starting in America among young people?
On the same day this article was posted, Another article posted elsewhere,
Revival Spreads to Texas A&M, Indiana Wesleyan and LSU
That’s great Margaret, thank you for sharing your story! I’m looking forward to seeing it.
Saw the movie. Loved it. Since I grew up in Costa Mesa, I had an additional attachment to the story.