The 14th annual First Friday Camas Poker Tour & Game Night returns to Downtown Camas on Fri., July 5
CAMAS — The 14th annual First Friday Camas Poker Tour & Game Night returns to Downtown Camas on Fri., July 5 from 5-8 p.m. and this year will be celebrating a blast from the past — the 1980’s.
This event is sponsored by Camas Antiques and includes the family friendly poker tour and a number of other 80’s themed games throughout town. Start at the DCA tables in Journey, 304 NE 4th, to pick up your Poker Tour passport and activity list.
Here’s how the Poker Tour works:
- Collect a “playing card” from each participating merchant.
- Turn in these cards to the dealer at Camas Antiques by 8 p.m. and you will be dealt actual poker cards to match the number of business “playing cards” that you have. The more businesses you visit, the more chances for a great hand.
- Prizes are donated by local businesses and will be awarded to the five highest hands.
Other activities include:
- Games throughout town and free kids’ crafts at the DCA tables in Journey Church
- Rad Rubik’s Cube Challenge
- ’80’s Awesome Trivia Mix ‘n Match
- Gnarly Lucky Rollers
- Like Wow Spin and Win
- Righteous Downtown Dice
- Schweet Card War
- Totally Tubular Toss it in
- ’80’s Plinko
- Dress To the Max in your favorite 80’s wear and get extra tickets to win. Get your legwarmers, big hair and parachute pants ready.
- Open Mic Night at Journey — come sing or perform. 6-8 p.m. Signups start at 5:30 p.m.
· Art Shows and Receptions at:
o Camas Gallery featuring oil painter Liz Pike
o Attic Gallery with a Locals Only Show
o Second Story Gallery featuring paper artist Muriel Wheatley
- “You Can’t Silence the Lamb” Keg Tap Party at Grains of Wrath 6-10pm. Raise a glass of the new “You Can’t Silence the Lamb” beer at this special keg tapping. $1 from every pint of this beer sold will go to the NW Sarcoma Foundation to support those battling this rare form of cancer, in memory of Brian Lamb.
- Live music at multiple locations throughout town including outdoor patio music at Hidden River Roasters with Andy Ziesemer from the local band, The New Divide.
- Mandi and Ian of mandi MOON artistry will be doing airbrush face painting.
- Kids, come paint with The Paint Roller mobile paint party.
- Sales and activities in downtown shops. Get a ticket to win for every $10 spent in downtown.
“We’ve added a new fun twist to this favorite event,” says Carrie Schulstad, director of the DCA. “Lots of themed fun activities and family friendly engagement all through town celebrating the 80’s. Camas Antiques does a great job as the poker dealers each year and we’ll have some fun surprises, too. We encourage folks to come and enjoy the town and each other and support our locally owned shops, galleries, and restaurants that bring so much to our community every day.”
First Fridays are family-friendly Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping events coordinated by the DCA each month to bring the community together and to help the town thrive. For all the information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/first-friday-camas-poker-tour-game-night and www.facebook.com/camasfirstfriday .
Information provided by Camas Downtown Association.