Supreme Court rules on coach’s right to pray at school games
A high school football coach fired by his district for his brief, solitary prayers following his team's football games has won his free speech fight at the U.S. Supreme C...Read more
- POLL: Are you in favor of current legislation that would allow homeless youth shelters to avoid notifying parents of runaway children?Are you in favor of current legislation that would allow homeless youth shelters to avoid notifying parents of runaway children?
- Vancouver Council Member Sarah Fox questions cost for city’s trip to JapanTwo members of the Vancouver City Council did not attend a city-sponsored trip to Joyo, Japan, and Sarah Fox has publicly questioned how much the trip cost Vancouver.
- Washington State Senate introduces $12.9 billion transportation budgetFunding in the proposed budget continues the state’s $1 billion commitment toward the bi-state project to replace the Interstate 5 Bridge over the Columbia River; $138 million would go to the project.
- Sheriff’s Office investigating threats at Thomas Jefferson Middle SchoolOn Wednesday (March 29), Thomas Jefferson Middle School administrators made the Clark County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) aware of a possible threat of violence against the school.
- Heritage High School to host baseball tournaments Friday, SaturdayA dozen high school baseball teams, playing in three four-team brackets, will take to the new fields at Heritage High School on Friday and Saturday.
- Opinion: The truly worrisome result of the Supreme Court’s decisionThe Washington Supreme Court decision in Quinn v. State of Washington declaring that a capital gains tax does not violate the Washington Constitution is another affront to our rights.
- Witness Tree dedicated at Clark College for Vietnam Era veteransGuest speakers shared their experiences as combat veterans, immigrants, and family members of those who served at a ceremony to honor Vietnam veterans Wednesday at Clark College.