Opinion: Steady revenue forecast since February primes pump for tax relief
Jason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center challenges the governor to follow his massive compensation increase for state government employees with tax relief for all W...Read more
- Opinion: Supreme Court rules to protect private property from union violenceThe recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling in favor of a cement company suing a union for damages highlights the issue of unions engaging in hostage-taking behavior during strikes, which not only harms employers and consumers but also the workers they claim to represent.
- POLL: Should Washington voters have the opportunity to Reject ESSB 5599?Should Washington voters have the opportunity to Reject ESSB 5599?
- Opinion: Voters deserve the opportunity to ‘Reject 5599’Clark County Today Editor Ken Vance believes Washington lawmakers need to get out of the parenting business.
- Opinion: ‘Put tolling in front of voters’Long-time Clark County citizen and journalist Marvin Case shares his thoughts on tolling and light rail.
- Opinion: Cost of Washington’s CO2 tax jumps to 45 cents per gallonTodd Myers of the Washington Policy Center says more government spending probably only carves up the pie of how CO2 emissions are reduced, but it won’t change the size of the pie.
What a biased, ridiculous question. “Massive” salary increases? 4% in 2023 and 3% in 2024 is hardly “massive”. That’s barely cost of living!
Well, that is more than I am getting or most of the rest of us are getting. Since we all get to flip the bill on those salary increases, and since Washington has a massive budgetary surplus, why is that such a ridiculous question? Most of us are struggling. Now maybe you are well to do and all this don’t matter to you all that much. But we all paid into that massive surplus. Why is it so ridiculous to expect our government to help us out and give us some of that hard earned money back to pay our bills?
First of all, I am sorry to hear that it is so hard for you (and others like you). That is difficult, no question. But rather than saying “they’re getting a cost of living increase and I’m not, so I don’t want them to get one”, it would be better to ask “why is my employer not even giving me the dignity of a wage that allows me to pay my bills?” The problem is not that I’m “well to do” (I’m not), or that others might or might not be. The problem is that many businesses are geared toward profit first and people a distant last. It’s like gas prices: the problem is not what the federal government is or is not doing, it is that the oil companies are raking in record profits at our expense. It’s good to keep our eye on the ball here.
Scott. It is easy to give away money that isn’t yours. Government is very good at that.
You said I said “they’re getting a cost of living increase and I’m not, so I don’t want them to get one”. I did not say that at all. Not even close. What I said was, since tax payers are paying the bill for these salary increases, and there is a substantial budget surplus right now, why is it not reasonable to think that our state government should not be looking into helping out the citizens of washington by giving back some of the tax money they have already paid.
Small businesses in Washington are struggling. You actually think that they created this situation? Many of these businesses are owner operated. Some of these owners are sacrificing their own wages to keep the doors open hoping the ship will right itself soon. Many small business owners have lost everything because of the government policies over the past 2.5 years.
You sir are, by saying we should be asking “why is my employer not even giving me the dignity of a wage that allows me to pay my bills?” proves you are an A$$hole. Maybe you could keep your eye on the ball if you pull your head out of your butt
I’ve even earned $32800 at maximum in a month by working from a laptop on some straightforward activities. I was quite depressed when I lost my (any-08) former job, but thankfully I came across this fantastic online opportunity, which is why I can make a good living while staying at home. Anyone can practically partake in this lucrative industry and increase their online income by employing.
checking that page——————>>> https://rq.fyi/hhTIjF