Clark County Manager Kathleen Otto announced Monday the executive leadership team that will lead the recently established Jail Services department.Read more
Letter: Jail Services takeover is the latest example of how the Democrat-controlled bureaucracy works
Area resident Rob Anderson expresses his displeasure for the Clark County Council’s decision to create a new Jail Services Department.Read more
County begins process to transition management of jail from Sheriff’s Office to County Manager’s Office
County Council members voted unanimously to create a new government agency with little input from the public.Read more
- Opinion: Three keys to making sure regulations don’t suffocate citizens and the economyChris Cargill of the Mountain States Policy Center explains that whether they are at the local, state or federal level, all laws and regulations have a cost.
- Opinion: 2024 – A year for political actionNancy Churchill points out that everyday Washingtonians are experiencing runaway inflation coupled with rapidly rising taxes.
- Opinion: Study shows bias in Washington State Supreme Court donations and decisionsChris Corry of the Washington Policy Center says the results of the recent study are not surprising because a statewide vote elects the Washington State Supreme Court.
- Letter: Congressional race about ‘getting the seat back for the Republicans’Vancouver resident Adam Shetler offers his views on the Third Congressional District race.
- Letter: Rushing into green – Clark County’s ambitious environmental plan needs a reality checkVancouver resident Bill Black offers his assessment of Clark County’s environmental plan.