Clark County Manager Kathleen Otto announced Monday the executive leadership team that will lead the recently established Jail Services department.Read more
Letter: Jail Services takeover is the latest example of how the Democrat-controlled bureaucracy works
Area resident Rob Anderson expresses his displeasure for the Clark County Council’s decision to create a new Jail Services Department.Read more
County begins process to transition management of jail from Sheriff’s Office to County Manager’s Office
County Council members voted unanimously to create a new government agency with little input from the public.Read more
- Rulemaking is final, but authority to require a vaccine still unclearElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center explains why it is time for peace in the land when it comes to vaccines.
- Letter: Council approves new utility tax while having record cash in bankCamas resident John Ley shares his thoughts on new taxes proposed by city of Camas officials.
- People are still getting out of a coming payroll tax for long-term-care programThe WA Cares Fund exemption window for people who had private long-term-care insurance closes next month.
- Doubling down on failure is not an effective environmental strategyTodd Myers of the Washington Policy Center explains why those who pretend government programs will work as expected and are the only option are engaging in wishful thinking to the extreme.
- Opinion: New test scores find that if the Catholic school system were a state it would rank number one in the nationLiv Finne of the Washington Policy Center believes that expanding choices both within and outside the traditional system would give every family the same learning opportunities.