County manager appoints David Shook to lead new Jail Services Department
Clark County Manager Kathleen Otto announced Monday the executive leadership team that will lead the recently established Jail Services department.Read more
Letter: Jail Services takeover is the latest example of how the Democrat-controlled bureaucracy works
Area resident Rob Anderson expresses his displeasure for the Clark County Council’s decision to create a new Jail Services Department.Read more
County begins process to transition management of jail from Sheriff’s Office to County Manager’s Office
County Council members voted unanimously to create a new government agency with little input from the public.Read more
- POLL: Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?
- Opinion: SB 5582 would widen the nurse pipeline in Washington stateElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes ‘we need to grow more nurses in Washington state.’
- Opinion: State lawmakers have an opportunity to help patients, nurses, hospitals with SB 5499Elizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center states that multistate license holders not only increase access to care across state lines when necessary, they also maintain and augment patient safety.
- Opinion: As governor highlights threat from climate change, state agencies ignore his EV purchase requirementTodd Myers of the Washington Policy Center believes it is more evidence that relying on politicians to achieve environmental goals is unwise.
- Opinion: Economic Security for All program benefits local job seekers and businessesMiriam Halliday, CEO of Workforce Southwest Washington, offers her thoughts on efforts to move Washingtonians to good-paying careers.