Democratic proposal for compulsory voting is ‘un-American,’ senators say
Unprecedented in U.S., bill would require Washington residents to cast ballots in every major election, end right not to vote.Read more
- Opinion: Despite record revenues and being the only state in the nation not giving broad tax relief, Washington House Democrats are considering increasing taxesMark Harmsworth of the Washington Policy Center believes House Bill 1628 will not solve housing affordability in either the ownership, rental or commercial real estate markets.
- Opinion: The state legislature may soon significantly reduce classroom instruction time for studentsLiv Finne of the Washington Policy Center states the legislation may be great for the teacher’s union, but it will deprive many of Washington’s school children of the quality public education they’ve been promised.
- POLL: Are you in favor of current legislation that would allow homeless youth shelters to avoid notifying parents of runaway children?Are you in favor of current legislation that would allow homeless youth shelters to avoid notifying parents of runaway children?
- Opinion: The truly worrisome result of the Supreme Court’s decisionThe Washington Supreme Court decision in Quinn v. State of Washington declaring that a capital gains tax does not violate the Washington Constitution is another affront to our rights.
- Opinion: SJM 8006 wants to take Washingtonians down the wrong health care pathElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes there are better ways to contain costs in health care.