Sen. Lynda Wilson says Senate bill on pursuits falls short, votes no
Sen. Lynda Wilson, R-Vancouver and a member of the Senate Law and Justice Committee, said legislation passed by the Senate today would not do enough to fix the problems w...Read more
‘We cannot wait another two years’: Police pursuit supporters rally in Olympia
'We cannot wait another two years': Police pursuit supporters rally in Olympia. Citizens gather a day after majority Democrats in the House refused to allow full debate a...Read more
- Opinion: Early response to Washington’s capital gains excise tax (AKA income tax) court rulingJason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center offers reactions from around the state on the state Supreme Court decision on the capital gains income tax.
- Opinion: Be ready for an income decrease: WA Cares’ payroll tax is 94 days awayElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes the state shouldn’t be dictating which life Washingtonians need to save for and how.
- Opinion: Are you worried about Washington’s future?In her weekly column, Nancy Churchill shares that the time has come to stop complaining about the news and start taking small positive actions.
- Opinion: ODOT admits its tolls will make Oregonians worse offThe Interstate Bridge Replacement Program plans to charge tolls to cross the Columbia River on both I-5 and I-205.
- Opinion: Washington versus the world on capital gains income taxesJason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center will ‘still stand with the rest of the planet in the clear understanding that excise taxes aren’t applied to income – those are called income taxes.’