Nancy Churchill encourages Washingtonians to vote; she believes the alternative can provide disastrous results
By now, you probably have a ballot sitting on your kitchen table. This week, I want to motivate you to open that envelope and VOTE! I want to answer the most basic question: Why Vote? Why bother if the system is corrupt?
What’s the alternative to voting? How did it work out in Georgia, when many conservatives failed to vote in the Senate run-off race? The results gave Georgia two Democratic senators, which has proven to be disastrous for the entire country. Think how different things would be right now if conservative Georgia voters had not given up in despair? Are you just going to bow down and accept the yoke of tyranny? If you DON’T vote, then for sure you will lose. We are already on the doorstep of communism. If you cast your ballot, and get your family to vote, and ask the neighbors to vote… you have a chance to make a difference!
As Winston Churchill famously said in 1941, “Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never — in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense … Do not let us speak of darker days; let us speak rather of sterner days. These are not dark days: these are great days — the greatest days our country has ever lived; and we must thank God that we have been allowed, each of us according to our stations; to play a part in making these days memorable…” Remember 2016? They never thought they would lose. It’s time for Americans to rise up and vote in unprecedented numbers. Vote, get involved, and thank God for granting us the opportunity to play a part in making these days memorable! Our votes and our actions, each according to our abilities, DO make a difference.
Easy Action Items — to improve election integrity in Washington state
• Join your EIC committee. Your county GOP committee has an election integrity committee (EIC). To get involved, call or email your county Republican party and volunteer to help on the county EIC. Just do a search on “county name” Republican committee (or party). You can connect by website, or on social media, or both. If you need help finding your GOP leaders, visit the WSRP State Committee Page at https://wsrp.org/state-committee/.
• Volunteer to observe ballot processing. Email your county auditor to find out how to get on the list. They prefer that you declare a party, but remember you can be independent, libertarian, or any flavor of observer.
• Extra Ballots? What should you do if you receive a ballot for someone not living at your address? DO NOT THROW IT (or them) AWAY. Open it, and take a photo of the extra ballot with your phone. Take a photo of your ballot, too (before you mark it).
• Email the photos of the extra ballots to your county GOP chairman and the county auditor. Please KEEP the extra ballots in a safe place. If those voters vote from your address, a crime is being committed. Your county GOP party needs to know how many extra ballots are floating around.
• Call for a forensic audit! Email the Secretary of State at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: “I call for a Forensic Audit of 2020 General Election.” Keep the body of your email simple: repeat the subject line, and add your name, physical address, and phone number. What if the Secretary of State received hundreds of thousands of these emails? One email might not make a difference, but many thousands of emails sends a clear message.
“Motor voter,” the BIG problem in Washington
Washington state has its own unique challenges in securing our elections. Most of the challenges come from the current motor voter laws and the Department of Licensing, which automatically registers every driver as a voter, regardless of citizenship status. This creates many ballots that can be voted illegally.
Ready for a Challenge? We need willing volunteers to research the current motor voter laws and work with legislators to create incremental improvements. The Revised Code of Washington is the rule book. We need to work to change the rules. Politics is the art of the possible. We can propose incremental changes and gradually improve election integrity over time.
If you’re up for this challenge, become the local expert on the law and help to change the system at its roots. Again, your local GOP is a good place to connect and share your work on the problem.
Are we a free people or are we slaves?
When you peacefully participate in our messy and interactive system of government, you are working to maintain freedom for all. When you ignore politics, you are likely to become a slave to the power hungry. Take peaceful action, attend community meetings, volunteer, educate yourself, become a subject expert, and be sure to VOTE! Nancy Churchill is the state committeewoman for the Ferry County Republican Party. She may be reached at DangerousRhetoric@pm.me. The opinions expressed in Dangerous Rhetoric are her own.