Jason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center offers a decade of research and short educational videos discussing this income tax
Washington Policy Center
The State Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on the capital gains income tax lawsuit at 9 a.m. on January 26. TVW will broadcast the hearing. Here is a decade of research and short educational videos discussing this income tax:
- IRS: Capital gains tax “is an income tax”
- Summary of capital gains income tax amicus briefs
- Washington’s constitution has broadest definition of property in the country
- Lawmaker’s emails confirm goal for capital gains proposal is broad income tax
- Public records reveal WA DOR’s thoughts on capital gains income taxes
- State Revenue Departments Describe Capital Gains Income Taxes
- Capital gains income tax quotes – who said it?
- State tax officials across country agree – capital gains income taxes are extremely volatile and unpredictable
- WA Department of Commerce: No state income tax “is great marketing” for Washington
- Attorney General goes on capital gains income tax rabbit hunt
- Capital gains income tax webinar with Rob McKenna
- Former IRS attorney “dumbfounded” by Washington’s capital gains income tax arguments
- UW Tax Law Professor on new capital gains income tax: “It’s going to be found unconstitutional”
- WPC played important role in capital gains income tax being ruled unconstitutional
Jason Mercier is the director of the Center for Government Reform at the Washington Policy Center.
- Opinion: State lawmakers should pass bill correcting wrong against state workers in COVID-19 timesElizabeth Hovde states that passage of the bill would scrub the lack of a COVID-19 vaccination from a former employee’s personnel files.
- POLL: Should a transgender biological male be allowed to compete in athletic competitions against a biological female?Should a transgender biological male be allowed to compete in athletic competitions against a biological female?
- Letter: ‘We find the dominant, post-Christian culture in the U.S. to be unfair and intolerant’Vancouver resident Ann Makar explains why people with her beliefs are frustrated with the unfairness and intolerance they perceive in the dominant culture.
- Opinion: The 2024 Washington legislative session madness has already begunLegislators have the ability to ‘pre-file’ bills to get new legislation into the hopper ready for consideration in January and Mark Harmsworth of the Washington Policy Center says things are already happening.
- Opinion: WA Cares is a lump of coal in workers’ stockingsElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center, says about WA Cares: ‘there is nothing merry about taking from the poor to give to those who have more.