Hazel Dell resident Bob Zak shares his thoughts on light rail and mass transit for Southwest Washington residents
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
I am totally against light rail from Portland to Vancouver. I am in favor of mass transit like buses using a bus lane.
We have lived in Clark County since 1971. We voted against this more than once. Why is it still a question?
Also, C-TRAN ridership is in question, at least when we see these buses and “the vine” it is almost empty. Why the Vine when ridership is so low? That is a lot of tax money wasted.
- Opinion: Small districts vote to restore democracy to their statewide associationLiv Finne believes an increasing number of parents and local school board members want schools to drop partisan political causes and focus on providing a good education to their children.
- Letter: ‘(Kevin) Peterson himself ultimately is responsible for his death’Vancouver resident Ann Donnelly shares her perspective on the lawsuit filed by the family of Kevin Peterson against the Clark County Sheriff’s Office and others.
- Opinion: Eradicating barriers to state employment is on Washington state’s agendaElizabeth Hovde believes state hiring should be based on skills and abilities needed for a position, without automatically excluding those who don’t hold a college degree.
- Opinion: Free-market health care innovations should be used to make lives better, not expand government powerElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes congressional and state policymakers need to find constructive solutions to concerns over new technologies in health care.
- POLL: Do you believe there should be a forensic audit of the Clark County Elections Department?Do you believe there should be a forensic audit of the Clark County Elections Department?