Jill Brown, wife of fallen Clark County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jeremy Brown, endorses John Horch in the race for sheriff
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
We face a race of particular importance to the safety and well-being of our local community – electing a new sheriff in November. We must take this opportunity to choose a bold and experienced leader who is willing to confront the challenges we face – John Horch.
As a proud member of the law enforcement family, I am honored to endorse John Horch and am confident that he is the ideal candidate for this very important position. I have known John as a devoted friend and fellow public servant. I also experienced his sincere and thoughtful leadership through his long-time mentorship of my late husband, Sgt Jeremy R. Brown.
I witnessed John’s unique ability to honestly engage in difficult conversations through our shared effort to fix bad legislation following Jeremy’s murder – always with respect and thoughtfulness. He approached each meeting with local leaders as an opportunity to better understand their concerns. He worked to ensure they had a clear understanding of how the changes would impact the safety of our communities and those who have vowed to protect them.
John is a man of integrity – a 30-plus year veteran with the Sheriff’s Department who has held numerous key positions. His experience and knowledge offer us residents the level of confidence in our Sheriff we deserve. By comparison, Rey Reynolds offers no budget oversight or mid or upper-level law enforcement leadership experience.
The choice is clear. We need a proven leader with the experience and knowledge to move CCSO forward and ensure the level of public safety that Clark County residents deserve. That is John Horch.
- Opinion: State lawmakers should pass bill correcting wrong against state workers in COVID-19 timesElizabeth Hovde states that passage of the bill would scrub the lack of a COVID-19 vaccination from a former employee’s personnel files.
- POLL: Should a transgender biological male be allowed to compete in athletic competitions against a biological female?Should a transgender biological male be allowed to compete in athletic competitions against a biological female?
- Letter: ‘We find the dominant, post-Christian culture in the U.S. to be unfair and intolerant’Vancouver resident Ann Makar explains why people with her beliefs are frustrated with the unfairness and intolerance they perceive in the dominant culture.
- Opinion: The 2024 Washington legislative session madness has already begunLegislators have the ability to ‘pre-file’ bills to get new legislation into the hopper ready for consideration in January and Mark Harmsworth of the Washington Policy Center says things are already happening.
- Opinion: WA Cares is a lump of coal in workers’ stockingsElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center, says about WA Cares: ‘there is nothing merry about taking from the poor to give to those who have more.