Vancouver resident Ellen Townsen offers her thoughts on the race for Clark County Sheriff
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
Wake up, Clark County! Now isn’t the time to be complacent when people like Rey Reynolds are running for sheriff.
Reynolds prides himself as being the “constitutional sheriff.” A law enforcement officer of his caliber should not be proud of being selective as to what he’ll enforce based on his own interpretation of the constitution. That’s not his job!
If he wants to conduct himself as such, he needs to attend law school and become a judge! His opponent, Horch, will conduct his job as a sheriff without inserting his own personal agenda. Vote with a conscience. Vote John Horch.
- Opinion: Free-market health care innovations should be used to make lives better, not expand government powerElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes congressional and state policymakers need to find constructive solutions to concerns over new technologies in health care.
- POLL: Do you believe there should be a forensic audit of the Clark County Elections Department?Do you believe there should be a forensic audit of the Clark County Elections Department?
- Opinion: Seven years of blessingsEditor Ken Vance reflects on the seven years since Clark County Today was launched as a community news website.
- Opinion: Washington State Supreme Court narrowly upholds Inslee’s eviction moratoriumIn a 5-4 decision, the Washington State Supreme Court upheld Governor Inslee’s eviction moratorium during the pandemic.
- Letter: Again, Councilor Belkot stands aloneClark County resident Rob Anderson shares his reaction to the Clark County Council’s approval of a $4.7 million remodel of the election department facilities.