Kathy Prestbo-Karr offers her support for Michelle Belkot in the race for Clark County Council, District 2
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
It’s a relief to see someone like Michelle Belkot running for Clark County Council, District 2.
Michelle’s proven leadership stands out among opponents.
Several years of Julie Olson go along to get along at the cost of the voters…
Michelle is the only candidate for WE THE PEOPLE on the ballot for County District 2.
I’m voting for change. We need bold changes to turn around our county-wide problems.
- POLL: Should Gov. Jay Inslee end his COVID state of emergency, which has now surpassed 900 days?Should Gov. Jay Inslee end his COVID state of emergency, which has now surpassed 900 days?
- Opinion: Opting out of the long-term-care payroll tax is more complicated than necessary, suggesting it’s just a nice gestureElizabeth Hovde explains why legislative attempts to fix a poorly written, misguided law that will harm state workers are missing the mark
- Opinion: The effect of emergency-ordered school closing, learning loss and mask mandates on childrenLiv Finne of the Washington Policy Center offers more insight on how Washington’s school closure policy caused children significant learning losses and other issues.
- Opinion: Updated numbers on people exempted from state’s long-term-care program and payroll taxElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center provides an update from the Employment Security Department on exemption applications.
- Opinion: Washington students were harmed by the governor’s school closure policy, so why is it still an option?David Boze of the Washington Policy Center addresses the issue of school closures during the past two years and the potential for more going forward