Myrna Leija says, ‘since my appointment I have been listening and learning’
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
I want to publicly thank the La Center City Council for giving me the opportunity to serve on the council in Position No. 4.
Since my appointment I have been listening and learning. The most common topic from citizens is the issue of police services. The council is working diligently on this now. During every council session there is time for public comment in person, by video or in writing.
Please do not hesitate to express your concern on any city issue. In addition, each councilor can be emailed.
September 20, the mayor, Tom Strobehn did another Q & A session at La Center City Hall.
Transparency and involved citizens will help make La Center a better and safer place to live.
- Opinion: WA Cares is a lump of coal in workers’ stockingsElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center, says about WA Cares: ‘there is nothing merry about taking from the poor to give to those who have more.
- Opinion: Power is Prosperity – The battle for the LSR damsIn her weekly column, Nancy Churchill applies the ‘prosperity principle’ to Washington state’s Columbia River Basin issue.
- Opinion: A taxpayer receipt would help provide a snapshot of government spendingJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses the concept of providing an itemized receipt for taxpayers about their tax dollars and it relates to government.
- Importance of open government laws on display with shocking storiesJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses two recent stories that illustrate the lengths that some public officials will go to evade public accountability.
- POLL: Should voters be given the opportunity to decide a proposed repeal of provisions of the 2021 Washington Climate Commitment Act?Should voters be given the opportunity to decide a proposed repeal of provisions of the 2021 Washington Climate Commitment Act?