Vancouver resident Kirk VanGelder expresses his support for Richard (Dick) Rylander in the race for the Clark County Council District 5 seat
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
It is my pleasure to enthusiastically endorse Richard (Dick) Rylander for District 5 Clark County Council!
I have watched him over the last couple of years pour himself into various community improvement activities such as school board issues, Republican Party State Committeeman, and now appointed Clark County Councilor. In every one of those activities, Dick thoroughly researches data and information to bring to bear on the problems being solved. I know of no one who is as diligent as Dick on that. This has led to much better-informed solutions for each of those entities. It has also been effective at cutting through some of the politics to bring all sides together in selecting effective paths forward.
His commitment to voters is also apparent in his Pledge of Transparency to do everything within his power to share information and have an open dialogue with citizens of Clark County and District 5. He continues “We must have open, frank discussions about needs versus wants, costs and what the people are willing to pay for.”
Dick’s passion is for making Clark County better for his grandkids and others. He is NOT in it to build a political career or stepping stone to other offices! He’s the real deal! You won’t be disappointed! Make sure you vote for him later this month!
- Opinion: Are you worried about Washington’s future?In her weekly column, Nancy Churchill shares that the time has come to stop complaining about the news and start taking small positive actions.
- Opinion: ODOT admits its tolls will make Oregonians worse offThe Interstate Bridge Replacement Program plans to charge tolls to cross the Columbia River on both I-5 and I-205.
- Opinion: Washington versus the world on capital gains income taxesJason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center will ‘still stand with the rest of the planet in the clear understanding that excise taxes aren’t applied to income – those are called income taxes.’
- POLL: Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?
- Opinion: SB 5582 would widen the nurse pipeline in Washington stateElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes ‘we need to grow more nurses in Washington state.’
I have met Dick Rylander many times. He is very thoughtful in his approach and a gentleman. We would be lucky to have him on the county council.