Vancouver resident Kirk VanGelder expresses his support for Richard (Dick) Rylander in the race for the Clark County Council District 5 seat
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
It is my pleasure to enthusiastically endorse Richard (Dick) Rylander for District 5 Clark County Council!
I have watched him over the last couple of years pour himself into various community improvement activities such as school board issues, Republican Party State Committeeman, and now appointed Clark County Councilor. In every one of those activities, Dick thoroughly researches data and information to bring to bear on the problems being solved. I know of no one who is as diligent as Dick on that. This has led to much better-informed solutions for each of those entities. It has also been effective at cutting through some of the politics to bring all sides together in selecting effective paths forward.
His commitment to voters is also apparent in his Pledge of Transparency to do everything within his power to share information and have an open dialogue with citizens of Clark County and District 5. He continues “We must have open, frank discussions about needs versus wants, costs and what the people are willing to pay for.”
Dick’s passion is for making Clark County better for his grandkids and others. He is NOT in it to build a political career or stepping stone to other offices! He’s the real deal! You won’t be disappointed! Make sure you vote for him later this month!
- Opinion: Eradicating barriers to state employment is on Washington state’s agendaElizabeth Hovde believes state hiring should be based on skills and abilities needed for a position, without automatically excluding those who don’t hold a college degree.
- Opinion: Free-market health care innovations should be used to make lives better, not expand government powerElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes congressional and state policymakers need to find constructive solutions to concerns over new technologies in health care.
- POLL: Do you believe there should be a forensic audit of the Clark County Elections Department?Do you believe there should be a forensic audit of the Clark County Elections Department?
- Opinion: Seven years of blessingsEditor Ken Vance reflects on the seven years since Clark County Today was launched as a community news website.
- Opinion: Washington State Supreme Court narrowly upholds Inslee’s eviction moratoriumIn a 5-4 decision, the Washington State Supreme Court upheld Governor Inslee’s eviction moratorium during the pandemic.