Vancouver resident Dawn Seaver shares her thoughts to the proposed changes to Title IX
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
If Joe Biden has his way, women will once again take a back seat to the boys. For 50 years, Title IX has given women and girls the opportunity to participate in sports, scholarships, and education free of discrimination based on sex. The Biden administration wants to change all that by replacing the biological reality of sex with the nebulous idea of gender identity.
Since the transgender movement stormed onto the scene, women and girls have lost records and scholarships to males unfairly competing against them, teachers have been fired for not using preferred pronouns, and 8th graders investigated for sexual harassment for referring to a classmate as “she” instead of “they.”
Schools, libraries, and wayward churches have decided it’s essential for children as young as preschool to know that they could possibly be in the wrong body, and expose them to inappropriate books and drag queen shows.
Families are being destroyed and parents stripped of their parental rights for not agreeing to hormones and permanent body-mutilating surgeries for their minor children who are being sterilized and turned into lifelong medical patients. Language is mangled to the point where the words “woman” and “mother” are being eliminated, even in the medical profession.
The proposed changes to Title IX, which is being done without Congressional oversight, will only further ingrain this harmful ideology into society. It will be in every state and in every school. Our daughters deserve better, and we have a chance to stop it. The Department of Education is taking comments until Sept. 12. Comment here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2022/07/12/2022-13734/nondiscrimination-on-the-basis-of-sex-in-education-programs-or-activities-receiving-federal
- Letter: ‘The (Vancouver School) district ignored or broke numerous rules to enforce the governor’s emergency mask rule’Brush Prairie resident Bill Eling outlines examples of Vancouver Public Schools’ ‘missteps’ in a lawsuit against a parent of a Skyview High School student.
- POLL: Do you support legislation that would lengthen the school year one week to address student learning loss during the COVID-19 pandemic?Do you support legislation that would lengthen the school year one week to address student learning loss during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Opinion: ‘Democrats have been much better at the game of politics and elections than Republicans and that is hurting people like me’Clark County Today Editor Ken Vance pleads with Republicans to focus more on winning the war with Democrats than the battle with each other.
- Opinion: Washington’s gas prices have jumped 25 cents per gallon since CO2 tax took effectTodd Myers of the Washington Policy Center continues to make the case that the costs of that policy should be offset by tax cuts and that cost increases should be small.
- Opinion: SB 5236 isn’t the solution: More nurses are needed, not more regulationsElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center shares that creating more commissions, more oversight and threatening penalties is not going to get us more nurses.