Vancouver resident Dawn Seaver shares her thoughts to the proposed changes to Title IX
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
If Joe Biden has his way, women will once again take a back seat to the boys. For 50 years, Title IX has given women and girls the opportunity to participate in sports, scholarships, and education free of discrimination based on sex. The Biden administration wants to change all that by replacing the biological reality of sex with the nebulous idea of gender identity.
Since the transgender movement stormed onto the scene, women and girls have lost records and scholarships to males unfairly competing against them, teachers have been fired for not using preferred pronouns, and 8th graders investigated for sexual harassment for referring to a classmate as “she” instead of “they.”
Schools, libraries, and wayward churches have decided it’s essential for children as young as preschool to know that they could possibly be in the wrong body, and expose them to inappropriate books and drag queen shows.
Families are being destroyed and parents stripped of their parental rights for not agreeing to hormones and permanent body-mutilating surgeries for their minor children who are being sterilized and turned into lifelong medical patients. Language is mangled to the point where the words “woman” and “mother” are being eliminated, even in the medical profession.
The proposed changes to Title IX, which is being done without Congressional oversight, will only further ingrain this harmful ideology into society. It will be in every state and in every school. Our daughters deserve better, and we have a chance to stop it. The Department of Education is taking comments until Sept. 12. Comment here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2022/07/12/2022-13734/nondiscrimination-on-the-basis-of-sex-in-education-programs-or-activities-receiving-federal
- Letter: All of the ‘small business struggles that she was complaining about are basically self-inflicted’James Clark offers his thoughts on claims made by Congressional Candidate Marie Gluesenkamp Perez.
- Opinion: State agency is making rules for Inslee’s permanent vaccine mandateElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center reports that even though Washington’s state of emergency ends in October, that won’t take away the vaccine mandate on some state employees.
- Letter: Jail Services takeover is the latest example of how the Democrat-controlled bureaucracy worksArea resident Rob Anderson expresses his displeasure for the Clark County Council’s decision to create a new Jail Services Department.
- Letter: ‘I am very glad we have Marie Gluesenkamp Perez running’Brush Prairie resident Anne Brock offers her support for Marie Gluesenkamp Perez
- Letter: Stephanie McClintock for State representative, 18th District, position 1Vancouver resident Kristi Valentine offers her support for McClintock in the Nov. 8 general election.