Sheriff Atkins offers his support to Horch in the race that will decide his replacement
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
As a 43-year veteran of Law Enforcement, all with the Clark County Sheriff’s Office, and currently the Elected Sheriff of Clark County, I feel it vitally important that I speak up about who the next Sheriff of Clark County should be.
As a member of law enforcement and a citizen of Clark County, I have had the privilege to work with and supervise John Horch throughout his entire career. I appointed John Horch as the Clark County Sheriff’s Office Chief Criminal Deputy and he has worked alongside me and the management staff through the Pandemic, Social Unrest, and unprecedented Police Reforms. John has brought a fresh outlook to how we police here in Clark County and has shown me how in touch he is with those bravely working the streets for us every day. As well as his close working relationship with the other branch chiefs and his understanding of how the Corrections Branch and Civil Branch are just as important to the success of The Clark County Sheriff’s Office mission, To Protect and Serve!
I have known and worked with both candidates over their long careers in Clark County law enforcement and in my opinion, it is a clear choice who is primed and ready to take over as the new Sheriff and lead us into a new era of Policing! I fully endorse and 100% support Chief Deputy John Horch as our next Sheriff!
Clark County Sheriff
- Opinion: Eradicating barriers to state employment is on Washington state’s agendaElizabeth Hovde believes state hiring should be based on skills and abilities needed for a position, without automatically excluding those who don’t hold a college degree.
- Opinion: Free-market health care innovations should be used to make lives better, not expand government powerElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes congressional and state policymakers need to find constructive solutions to concerns over new technologies in health care.
- POLL: Do you believe there should be a forensic audit of the Clark County Elections Department?Do you believe there should be a forensic audit of the Clark County Elections Department?
- Opinion: Seven years of blessingsEditor Ken Vance reflects on the seven years since Clark County Today was launched as a community news website.
- Opinion: Washington State Supreme Court narrowly upholds Inslee’s eviction moratoriumIn a 5-4 decision, the Washington State Supreme Court upheld Governor Inslee’s eviction moratorium during the pandemic.