Opinion: Program for paid family and medical leave should be on its death bed, not continually revived by lawmakers using more of workers’ wages
Elizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center explains why the program is irresponsible and penalizes work.Read more
- Opinion: Attorneys debrief capital gains income tax state Supreme Court oral argumentsJason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center interviews two of the lead attorneys in the capital gains income tax case currently before the Washington state Supreme Court.
- Letter: ‘If we do vote for the schools to have more funding, we can help students get a better education’Vancouver resident Ellee Nichols offers her support for the Vancouver Public Schools levy on the Feb. 14 special election ballot.
- POLL: Are you in favor of a proposal from Democratic lawmakers that would require Washington residents to vote in every major election?Are you in favor of a proposal from Democratic lawmakers that would require Washington residents to vote in every major election?
- Opinion: Low-income tax credit now available in WashingtonJason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center believes lawmakers finally funding this low-income tax relief program is a cause for celebration.
- Opinion: Abortion bills move forward, including SB 5242, eliminating cost-sharing for enrolleesElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center explains that dictating what insurers cover and what their copays and deductibles look like impacts all those who buy insurance and pay premiums in Washington state.