Documents obtained by House Judiciary Committee reveal truth
Daily Caller News Foundation
President Joe Biden’s administration exerted pressure on Google-owned YouTube to suppress COVID-19 vaccine information, documents obtained by the House Judiciary Committee show.
Biden’s former Director of Digital Strategy Robert Flaherty told YouTube that he wanted to coordinate on what the popular video platform was doing to clamp down on vaccine-related content, according to the emails posted by Republican Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan on X, formerly Twitter, on Thursday. The Biden administration also used its influence to get Facebook to censor similar content, according to previous emails obtained by the committee.
THE YOUTUBE FILES PART 1. BIDEN WHITE HOUSE PRESSURED YOUTUBE TO CENSOR AMERICANS.
— Rep. Jim Jordan (@Jim_Jordan) November 30, 2023
“Was hoping to connect again … about the work you’re doing to combat vaccine hesitancy, but also crack down on vaccine misinformation,” Flaherty wrote in an email to Google personnel in April 2021, according to the thread. Flaherty also noted his interest in “ways the White House (and our COVID experts) can partner in your product work” in the same email.
YouTube’s government affairs team expressed concern in an April 2021 email to YouTube’s product team about the White House’s upcoming scrutiny on tech platforms related to people not wanting to get the COVID-19 vaccine, the thread showed.
“Unfortunately, the role of tech in addressing vaccine hesitancy is about to come under a massive spotlight particularly as the supply of the vaccine is soon to outpace demand,” the email reads, according to the thread. “The White House is very interested in our work on borderline content, and more specifically vaccine related content as well as our work to promote authoritative sources for vaccines.”
YouTube has a medical misinformation policy that includes prohibiting certain COVID-19 content. YouTube suspended Sky News Australia in August 2021 after a content review of its compliance with COVID-19 policies.
“While we receive input from governments around the world, we apply our policies independently, transparently, and consistently, regardless of the speaker or the political views expressed,” a YouTube spokesperson told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
The White House did not immediately respond to the DCNF’s request for comment.
Editor’s Note: This article has been updated to include a statement from a YouTube spokesperson. This story originally was published by the Daily Caller News Foundation.
- Medical freedom conference at local church draws large crowdA link to a video for a recent conference on medical freedom at Bethel Community Church in Washougal has been taken down by YouTube, but those who were at the event witnessed two doctors calling for individuals to take back their freedom.
- Report: COVID-vaccine maker monitored popular critics of the jabPharmaceutical giant Moderna tracked the content of popular media personalities who were critical of the COVID-19 vaccine seeking to censor what the company deemed as “misinformation.”
- WATCH: Tucker Carlson: When do the architects of the COVID catastrophe go on trial?In his latest episode of his Uncensored series on X, Tucker Carlson asked New York Times reporter Alex Berenson when will the architects of the COVID “catastrophe’’ go on trial?
- Doctors no longer forced to sing COVID narrative in one stateThere’s been a victory for free speech as a state law that limited what doctors could say about COVID-19 has hit the trash bin.
- CIA being sued for hiding COVID pandemic recordsThe Central Intelligence Agency is being sued for refusing to release records relating to an investigation of the origins of COVID.
- Shares of company making COVID shots plunge 44%Shares of company making COVID shots plunge 44%. During 2022, when the COVID-19 fears still raged across the nation, Pfizer reported a record $100 billion revenue stream.
- Rand Paul: Fauci claimed Wuhan research ‘worth the risk’ even if pandemic killsRand Paul: Fauci claimed Wuhan research ‘worth the risk’ even if pandemic kills. Senator charges COVID adviser ‘responsible for probably more deaths’ than anyone in the medical world.
- COVID’s mRNA shots now linked to VAIDSResearchers at Cambridge University have released a study showing that about one-fourth of those people who were given the mRNA shots during the COVID panic now have VAIDS, or Vaccine-Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.