Deputies located the vehicle after it committed a hit and run in the Hockinson area
At about 10:50 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 25), Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency dispatchers began receiving calls about a reckless driver involved in numerous hit and run accidents.
The vehicle was first reported at the intersection of NE 99th St and Highway 99. Five reports in total were called and each one was further to the east than the previous call. Deputies began searching for the vehicle but none of the original callers had actually been a victim of hit and run.
Shortly after, deputies received information that the vehicle was an “unreported stolen” vehicle, meaning the owner had called in but the vehicle was not entered into law enforcement data systems.
Deputies located the vehicle after it committed a hit and run in the Hockinson area. Deputies observed the vehicle drive directly toward a group of people walking on NE 192nd Ave near NE Davis Rd. Deputies prepared to use spike strips to stop the driver when she stopped the vehicle and surrendered.
Deputies were able to confirm with the Portland Police Bureau that the vehicle was stolen and it was taken in a Burglary. (Further details of that crime will need to be released by the Portland Police).
The driver, Erika Lynn McClung, was taken into custody and lodged at the Clark County Jail on charges of Possession of a Stolen Vehicle and Driving Under the Influence. Charges in Portland are pending.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- Ridgefield celebrates start of holiday seasonRidgefield residents and others celebrated the start of the holiday season with the city’s annual Hometown Celebration, held Saturday (Dec. 3) in historic downtown Ridgefield.
- N95 mask study undermines feds’ COVID narrativeA new peer-reviewed, randomized controlled trial found no statistically significant difference between the performance of surgical masks and the highly touted N95s against SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Domestic violence incident ends tragicallyA suspect in a domestic violence incident was found deceased after a short pursuit by law enforcement officers Saturday in Vancouver.
- Sheriff deputy’s investigation into a wanted person leads to recovery of stolen firearms and drugsA 35-year-old man was arrested earlier this week and during the investigation deputies recovered firearms and drugs from a storage unit in Clark County.
- Battle Ground holds 2022 Holiday Tree Lighting CelebrationBattle Ground residents and others turned out Friday for the lighting of the community tree, the city’s traditional kick-off to the holiday season!
- Guaranteed basic income boosted by Washington DSHSDr. Lori Pfingst, senior director of poverty reduction for the Washington Department of Social and Health Services, touted the feasibility and benefits of implementing guaranteed basic income in Washington state during a Friday hearing of the House Housing, Human Services & Veterans Committee.
- Sen. Rand Paul: Fauci’s ‘bad judgment’ caused millions of deathsSen. Rand Paul begged to differ Thursday with a Washington Post interview characterizing Dr. Anthony Fauci as a “hero” and a victim, contending evidence shows the retiring director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases funded research directly responsible for a pandemic blamed for the deaths of millions worldwide.