Two of the three pedestrians suffered critical injuries and were transported to area hospitals for treatment
Two of three pedestrians struck by a vehicle Sunday in North Clark County suffered critical injuries and were transported to an area hospital for treatment.
On Sunday (June 26) at about 4:30 p.m., members of the Clark County Sheriff’s Office, North Country EMS, and Clark County Fire responded to a vehicle versus multiple pedestrian collision in the 27500 Block of NE Lucia Falls Rd, near Moulton Falls Regional Park.
Initial evidence at the scene and witness statements suggest a white 1997 Chevrolet Blazer was traveling eastbound on NE Lucia Falls Rd. when it left the southern roadway edge and impacted three pedestrians who were walking eastbound on the shoulder of NE Lucia Falls Rd. Two of the three pedestrians suffered critical injuries and were transported to area hospitals for treatment.
Impairment was not suspected to be a factor in the collision. The Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit responded to the scene and will continue the investigation.
Members of the Clark County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank all the citizens who stopped and provided medical aid while waiting for emergency responders to arrive.
Names of the involved are not being released at this time.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- Fisher Investments expected to experience a shrinking staff count at its Camas location due to State Supreme Court decisionFisher Investments expected to experience a shrinking staff count at its Camas location due to State Supreme Court decision. Investment firm offers Clark County Today more insight into its intent to move its headquarters from Camas to Texas.
- Washington bill would let shelters not report some runaway youths to parentsA Senate bill on the cusp of a House floor vote would allow homeless youth shelters to avoid notifying parents of runaway children if the juvenile is seeking “gender affirming treatment” or “reproductive health services.”
- Opinion: Are you worried about Washington’s future?In her weekly column, Nancy Churchill shares that the time has come to stop complaining about the news and start taking small positive actions.
- Expert care, breakthrough technology at new Vancouver Clinic Surgery CenterTwo Vancouver Clinic surgeons have performed the first-ever robotic hernia and hysterectomy procedures in a standalone ambulatory surgery center in the greater Pacific Northwest (Wash., Ore., Idaho, Alaska, and Northern Calif.).
- Ridgefield High School thespians earn state honorsRidgefield High School’s Thespian Troupe 8635 earned Gold Honor Troupe status at the State Thespian Festival held at Western Washington University in Bellingham last week.
- County Council seeks applicant to fill opening on Board of EqualizationThe Clark County Council is seeking applicants to fill a position on the Clark County Board of Equalization.
- Columbia River names DeWayne Patterson as head football coachDeWayne Patterson, a former Washington State University football player, is the new head coach at Columbia River High School.