Officers found an adult male suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg and a small child with an injury still under investigation
An adult male suffered a gunshot wound and a small child suffered an unidentified injury at a shooting Monday afternoon in Vancouver.
Vancouver Police were called to the 2000 Block of E. 35th St at about 2:15 p.m. Monday (Aug. 1) for the report of a shooting. Upon arrival officers found an adult male suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg and a small child with an injury still under investigation.
Officers provided medical assistance to both victims and AMR arrived for transport to the hospital. The victims have non-life-threatening injuries.
The Major Crimes Unit and Safe Streets Task Force responded and processed the scene and conducted interviews. The investigation is ongoing.
Information provided by Vancouver Police Department.
- Police: Bodies found in rural Washougal believed to be missing mother and daughterThe family of 27-year-old Meshay Melendez and her 7-year-old daughter Layla Stewart have been told that two bodies found in a rural area near Washougal are believed to be the missing mother and daughter.
- Federal Reserve rate hike is 9th since March 2022The Federal Reserve announced a key interest rate hike Wednesday, the ninth time it has done so since early 2022 in its effort to combat rising inflation.
- Opinion: State lawmakers have an opportunity to help patients, nurses, hospitals with SB 5499Elizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center states that multistate license holders not only increase access to care across state lines when necessary, they also maintain and augment patient safety.
- No House committee hearing scheduled for police pursuit reform legislationGov. Jay Inslee has indicated he’s open to a police pursuit reform bill coming across his desk.
- Opinion: As governor highlights threat from climate change, state agencies ignore his EV purchase requirementTodd Myers of the Washington Policy Center believes it is more evidence that relying on politicians to achieve environmental goals is unwise.
- Vancouver Police seeking public help locating a missing endangered manThe Vancouver Police Department is requesting assistance in locating a missing endangered male, missing from his home in Vancouver.
- U.S. doctors group: Withdraw COVID shots from market now!‘Regulatory agencies are corrupted by conflicts of interest, lack of transparency, lack of accountability’