Aaron W. Baxter, 34, was booked into the Clark County Jail for Assault I
VANCOUVER – The Vancouver Police Department has reported an arrest in the investigation of a shooting that took place Tuesday.
On Tuesday (Nov. 8) at about 4:23 p.m., Vancouver Police responded to the 7600 block of E Fourth Plain Blvd. for the report of a collision. When officers arrived, they located a male who had been shot while inside his vehicle in the parking lot of an apartment complex across the street and crashed his vehicle into a ditch. Arriving Officers provided medical aid to the victim prior to his transport to an area hospital. His injuries appear non-life threatening.
The investigation revealed that the suspect in the shooting fled the scene and entered a unit in the complex where he resides. SWAT assisted to serve a search warrant on the residence and the suspect was taken into custody without incident.
Aaron W. Baxter, 34 years of age, was booked into the Clark County Jail for Assault I.
The Vancouver Police Department Major Crimes Unit is continuing the investigation, and nothing further is releasable at this time.
Information provided by Vancouver Police Department.
- Camas Champions: More notes from a state championship basketball teamThree Papermakers made the all-tournament team, led by MVP Addison Harris, plus a salute to assistant coach John Griffin, sportsmanship, and the fact that this is a true Camas championship with homegrown talent.
- VFD extinguishes duplex fireAt 7:26 a.m. Sunday (March 3), the Vancouver Fire Department (VFD) was dispatched to the report of a house fire at 2219 Simpson Ave. in Vancouver.
- Camas girls claim Class 4A state basketball championshipThe Camas Papermakers completed their run to the Class 4A girls’ state basketball championship Saturday at the Tacoma Dome.
- Ridgefield School District selects Dr. Jenny Rodriquez as superintendentThe Ridgefield School District is pleased to announce the selection of Dr. Jenny Rodriquez as its next superintendent, effective July 1, 2024.
- Washington State Senate passes three bipartisan bills from Rep. Kevin WatersThree bipartisan bills from Rep. Kevin Waters are one step closer to becoming law after receiving approval from the Washington State Senate this week.
- State basketball Saturday: Skyview, Seton Catholic boys place sixth at their venuesThe Skyview boys basketball team earned their second state trophy in program history, and the Seton Catholic boys basketball team got its first trophy.
- State basketball Friday: Camas returns to championship gameThe Camas Papermakers won their semifinal game Friday night and look to win their first state championship in girls basketball, a year after losing in the finals in the Tacoma Dome.