Male victim receives advanced first aid and then transported to area hospital
VANCOUVER – A 34-year-old male was found with multiple gunshot wounds after a reported shooting Sunday evening.
On Sunday (Aug. 7) at about 9:07 p.m., Vancouver Police responded to NE 62nd Avenue and NE Fourth Plain Blvd. for the report of a shooting. When officers arrived, they located the man on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds.
Responding officers quickly began advanced first aid and applied chest seals to treat the victim before emergency medical personnel arrived to transport the victim to an area hospital.
Detectives from the Vancouver Police Department Major Crimes Unit and Safe Streets Task Force are investigating. There is no suspect information at this time, and nothing further is releasable.
Information provided by Vancouver Police Department.
- State basketball Thursday: Camas cruises in quarterfinals, with help from everyoneThe Camas girls basketball team had no problems in the state quarterfinals Thursday, rolling past Tahoma en route to the Class 4A state semifinals.
- Seattle area maximum toll rates to increase 50 percent – a cautionary tale for Portland-area tollingFollowing many months of discussion and mostly negative public input, the Washington State Transportation Commission (WSTC) approved “phase one” of toll rate increases at their January 29 meeting.
- State basketball Thursday: Skyview boys fall in quarterfinalsDemaree Collins scored 31 points Thursday night for the Skyview Storm, but the Davis Pirates got the job done down the stretch for a six-point victory in the Class 4A boys basketball state quarterfinals.
- State basketball Thursday: Clark County small schools lose in quarterfinalsSeton Catholic and Columbia Adventist Academy boys, and Columbia River girls lost Thursday in the elite eight of their respective tournaments.
- Should voters be required to designate their party affiliation on the outside of presidential primary election ballot envelopes?Should voters be required to designate their party affiliation on the outside of presidential primary election ballot envelopes?
- Clark County Sheriff’s Office releases critical incident video of shootingOn Feb. 20, 2024, the Clark County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) was involved in a deputy-involved shooting.
- SWIIRT team releases names of CCSO deputies involved in shootingFive Clark County Sheriff’s Office deputies are currently on critical incident leave after their involvement in a Feb. 20 officer-involved shooting.