An 18-year-old passenger was killed and 21-year-old driver sustained life-threatening injuries
VANCOUVER – On Sunday (June 4) at about 9 p.m., Vancouver Police Department units responded to the 3000 block of Columbia Way for the report of a single vehicle collision. The vehicle hit a tree at high speed, ejecting the 21-year-old driver and killing the 18-year-old passenger.
The driver was transported to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The Vancouver Police Department Traffic Unit is continuing the investigation and alcohol and speed are factors in the crash.
Information provided by Vancouver Police Department.
- Welfare check leads to discovery of apparent murder-suicide in OrchardsTragic murder-suicide in Orchards: Five family members found dead, including the suspect, in a residence on NE 93rd Street; Clark County Sheriff’s Office investigating.
- Vancouver Fire crews extinguish shop fireOn Saturday (Dec. 2) at about 4:45 p.m., the Vancouver Fire Department was called to a report of a shop fire at 20718 NE 83rd Street.
- Tunnel model for Interstate crossing exposes more IBR flawsRetired engineers Wallis and Rowe challenge the $7.5-billion Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) proposal, presenting an immersed tube tunnel model that offers superior connectivity and safety, contradicting the IBR team’s claims at a recent open house in Vancouver.
- WAGOP files ethics complaint against SoS Hobbs over social media monitoringWashington Secretary of State Steve Hobbs is facing a complaint filed with the Washington State Executive Ethics Board.
- White House pressured YouTube to ‘crack down on vaccine misinformation’President Joe Biden’s administration exerted pressure on Google-owned YouTube to suppress COVID-19 vaccine information, documents obtained by the House Judiciary Committee show.
- Importance of open government laws on display with shocking storiesJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses two recent stories that illustrate the lengths that some public officials will go to evade public accountability.
- State arm wrestling championships ready to flex Saturday in VancouverArmSports Entertainment, founded and owned by a Clark County arm wrestler, is hosting more than 300 competitors for the Washington State Arm Wrestling Championships at Kiggins Theater on Saturday.