Kevin Navarro, 21, of Vancouver, was arrested for Burglary in the second degree
On Saturday (June 3) at about 10:22 p.m., Clark County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) deputies responded to an alarm at a car dealership located at 9408 NE Highway 99 in Vancouver.
A Sheriff’s Office small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operator was nearby and deployed a UAS over the business within three minutes of the alarm call being placed. The front door of the dealership was found to have been shattered.
Responding units contacted a subject exiting the business. Kevin Navarro, 21, of Vancouver, was arrested for Burglary in the second degree. He was found to have multiple sets of keys in his possession which belonged to vehicles owned by the dealership. Navarro was booked into the Clark County Jail for the Burglary and additional charges for Theft and Vandalism have been referred to the Clark County Prosecutor’s Office.
The Sheriff’s Office has responded to an increasing number of commercial burglaries along Highway 99 in Hazel Dell over the past few months. CCSO has increased patrols in the area in an effort to prevent crime and provide a timely response to these incidents.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- WAGOP files ethics complaint against SoS Hobbs over social media monitoringWashington Secretary of State Steve Hobbs is facing a complaint filed with the Washington State Executive Ethics Board.
- White House pressured YouTube to ‘crack down on vaccine misinformation’President Joe Biden’s administration exerted pressure on Google-owned YouTube to suppress COVID-19 vaccine information, documents obtained by the House Judiciary Committee show.
- Importance of open government laws on display with shocking storiesJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses two recent stories that illustrate the lengths that some public officials will go to evade public accountability.
- State arm wrestling championships ready to flex Saturday in VancouverArmSports Entertainment, founded and owned by a Clark County arm wrestler, is hosting more than 300 competitors for the Washington State Arm Wrestling Championships at Kiggins Theater on Saturday.
- Public meet and greet event scheduled for Battle Ground police chief candidatesBattle Ground is in the final stages of selecting its next police chief, with five candidates, including Kevin Barton, Dennis Flynn, Philip Lukens, Sean O’Laughlin, and Perry Phipps, set to meet the public at a reception on Thu., Dec. 7, at Battle Ground City Hall from 6:30-8:30 p.m., with the final interviews scheduled for Dec. 8.
- Ridgefield Hometown Celebration set for SaturdayA tree lighting ceremony and a trip down Candy Cane Lane are in the late afternoon and evening, plus there are activities all day in historic downtown Ridgefield.
- Christmas Ships Parade is getting ready to set sail for the 69th yearExperience the magic of the Christmas Ships Parade! Over 60 illuminated boats will grace the Columbia and Willamette Rivers on 13 nights in December starting Friday (Dec. 1), spreading festive joy and creating cherished memories. Check the schedule for viewing opportunities and parade routes.