Vancouver Fire evaluated two adults on scene for smoke inhalation; no one was injured or transported
Two occupants of a Vancouver home were able to evacuate after a fire consumed their residence Wednesday morning.
At 4:48 a.m. Wednesday (March 1), the Vancouver Fire Department was dispatched to the report of a house fire at 8909 Silver Star Ave. The first engine arrived six minutes later.
Fire personnel confirmed all the people in the house had evacuated. A hose line was taken to the back of the house and crews went inside to extinguish the fire. The fire was under control within 11 minutes of the arrival of the first engine.
There was zero visibility inside the house and a window cut was used to help remove smoke from the house. Fire personnel performed a primary and secondary search to make sure no one was in the house.
Vancouver Fire evaluated two adults on scene for smoke inhalation. No one was injured or transported.
The Vancouver Fire Department had 14 people on scene. The Vancouver Fire Marshal’s Office was on scene to investigate.
Information provided by Vancouver Fire Department.
- CCSO provides additional information on Sunday’s murder-suicideThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit continues its investigation of Sunday’s murder-suicide in Orchards that led to the deaths of five family members.
- Washington public college enrollment lowest since 2014Washington state’s public universities are at their lowest combined levels of enrollment since 2014, according to state data.
- Journey Theater presents The Wizard of OzThe story of Dorothy traveling to the Land of Oz will be told by Journey Theater’s performance of the Wizard of Oz, with six shows, starting with opening night on Friday, Dec. 8.
- Re-Imagined Radio celebrates the holidays with live and broadcast episodesIt’s Vancouver’s own Christmas classic: “A Radio Christmas Carol,” offered by Re-Imagined Radio every year since 2013.
- Opinion: A taxpayer receipt would help provide a snapshot of government spendingJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses the concept of providing an itemized receipt for taxpayers about their tax dollars and it relates to government.
- iQ Credit Union celebrates the opening of its newly relocated Salmon Creek branchiQ Credit Union, a member-owned, modern-day financial institution based in the Pacific Northwest, announced the opening of its relocated Salmon Creek branch.
- Welfare check leads to discovery of apparent murder-suicide in OrchardsTragic murder-suicide in Orchards: Five family members found dead, including the suspect, in a residence on NE 93rd Street; Clark County Sheriff’s Office investigating.