The new order shortens the duration of the closure of city-owned community gardens from July 31 to May 4
VANCOUVER — Vancouver City Manager Eric Holmes Wednesday issued Emergency Order 2020-12 related to the closure of city-owned community gardens.
The new order shortens the duration of the closure of city-owned community gardens from July 31, as required by Emergency Order 2020-11, to May 4. The order applies to the following seven community gardens located in city parks:
• Marshall Community Park Garden, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd.
• LeRoy Haagen Community Park Garden, Northeast Campus Drive at 65th Avenue
• Ellsworth Road Garden, Southeast 10th Street at Ellsworth Road
• Fruit Valley Park Garden, West 31st Street at Fruit Valley Road
• Bella Vista Park Garden, Bella Vista Road at 20th Way
• First Place Park Garden, Northeast 16th Street at 151st Avenue
The order does not pertain to any other community gardens located within the city. Emergency Order 2020-12 is effective immediately. It will be reviewed by members of the Vancouver City Council at their regular meeting Mon., May 4.
The change was made to help ensure residents have continued access to fresh fruit and vegetables.
The full text of all city emergency orders can be viewed online at www.cityofvancouver.us/coronavirus.
Information provided by city of Vancouver.