
Both juvenile suspects have been booked on charges of Robbery and Assault
On Wednesday (Sept. 21) at about 10 p.m., officers were dispatched to the area of SE Clark Ave/E. Main Street in Battle Ground for a report of three masked subjects attempting to enter cars. Battle Ground officers quickly located and detained two juvenile male suspects (17-years-old).
While conducting their search for the third individual in the suspected auto prowl incident, law enforcement officers were contacted by an unrelated victim reporting that he had been approached in his car by three subjects at the intersection of SE Clark Ave/SE 1st Street. The victim advised that one of the suspects, armed with a gun, ordered the victim out of his car. The victim fled the scene, without injury, and reported having heard a single gunshot as he drove away.
The detained suspects were then placed under arrest under suspicion of their involvement in the attempted carjacking. A search of the suspects revealed a handgun magazine containing ammunition consistent with a spent cartridge. Both juvenile suspects have been booked on charges of Robbery and Assault.
The Battle Ground K9 unit initiated a track, with assistance from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office and the Vancouver and Washougal Police Departments, to locate the third suspect who remains outstanding. The suspect is described as a male (unknown race), approximately 5-foot-7 in height, last seen wearing a white hooded sweatshirt and white pants.
“I would like to commend our officers, and those from our partner agencies, for their quick action which resulted in two arrests in this case.” said Chief Mike Fort. “Our Detectives will continue to work diligently to investigate the case, and to locate the third suspect believed to be involved in this incident.”
Chief Fort also credits the community members who reported seeing the suspicious activity that initiated the officers’ response in this case. “We are grateful to those community members who saw something suspicious and reported it right away, giving officers the advantage of time.”
The investigation into this case is still ongoing; if anyone has any information, contact Detective Sergeant Rick Kelly at (360) 342-5200 or via email at rick.kelly@cityofbg.org.
Information provided by city of Battle Ground.
Also read:
- Opinion: Were Republican voters just sleeping during the August primary election?CCRP Chairman Matt Bumala says 60% of primary no-shows in the 17th and 18th districts were Republicans.
- High school football: New coach prepares for long-term success at Prairie High SchoolJames Young-Lewis, a Clark County native who graduated from Evergreen in 2009, became Prairie’s head coach in May after working as an assistant coach across various programs since 2015, joining Prairie’s staff in 2024.
- Cost to battle 20 wildfires in WA has topped $200MTwenty wildfires have cost Washington $207M in one month, more than two-thirds of what DNR spent all last fiscal year.
- Opinion: WA Cares’ launch showcased care WA Cares did not provideGov. Ferguson showcased a caregiving arrangement at the WA Cares launch that the program had not paid for a single day of.
- Former State Rep. Liz Pike provides update on husband Neil CahoonNeil Cahoon, a Camas resident, has undergone multiple surgeries including five on Aug. 15 after the Aug. 10 crash near La Center’s Daybreak Airport.
- Opinion: Portland’s War on Cars Part 4 – A smarter automobile strategy to end gridlockO’Toole argues fuel wasted in Portland-area congestion has sextupled since 1982, generating 250,000 tons of extra greenhouse gases annually.
- $1,000 first prize for Camas Plein Air Art Event honoring Marquita Call on Sept. 26Plein air artists compete Sept. 26 in Camas for $1,000 first prize honoring gallery founder Marquita Call.








