Overwhelming evidence forces government to walk back its ‘guidance’
WND News Center
With new CDC guidelines that essentially acknowledge people who are vaccinated are not protected from infection from COVID-19, attorneys who have filed lawsuits on behalf of military members, students, health-care workers and others argue there is no longer a case for mandates.
Millions have lost their livelihoods and faced exclusion “from everyday life activities and basic medical care” because of “a differentiation that the CDC now admits does not make sense,” wrote Michael Senger, an attorney with the New Civil Liberties Alliance, which has filed many cases arguing for the efficacy of natural immunity from infection, Just the News reported.
“This implies that mandates based on 2-dose vaccination are now useless” and the case for booster mandates is not much stronger, Yale University epidemiologist Harvey Risch wrote Friday on his Telegram channel.
“This was the only potential compelling interest in vaccine mandates.”
Attorney Jenin Younes of the New Civil Liberties Alliance said in an email that the defendants in its natural-immunity lawsuits will argue the new CDC guidance makes their lawsuits moot.
“However, because we argued that their constitutional rights were already violated, and we are seeking recognition of that going forward, the courts should not dismiss the appeals (or cases still pending in lower courts) on mootness grounds,” Younes wrote.
Attorney R. Davis Younts told Just the News the new CDC guidance won’t change military mandates “but absolutely should.
He argued “the whole justification for denying religious accommodation [requests] is that there’s no safe alternative to the vaccine.”
Liberty Counsel Chairman Mat Staver told Just the News it “seems like every day the FDA or the CDC or some report continues to confirm what we’ve been saying, that there’s no reason for these shots” to be mandatory.
U.S. Freedom Flyers cofounder Joshua Yoder, whose group challenged vaccine mandates for pilots, wrote in an email that the new guidance is “another mile marker in the long march of incompetence from Washington bureaucrats that claims to follow ‘science’ yet this science has been out for well over a year and has been by the CDC and the corporations that are clearly state actors.”
First Liberty Institute senior counsel David Hacker told Just the News the Department of Defense must “rescind its ill-conceived vaccine mandate or provide religious accommodation” for First Liberty’s clients.
Among the clients are Navy SEALs and Air Force members.
- Fired pediatric nurse tearfully testifies of vaccine-induced myocarditis in kidsIn tearful testimony before the San Diego County Board of Supervisors, a pediatric nurse rebuked the supervisor whose vaccine mandate led to her dismissal, preventing her from caring for children whom she charged were contracting myocarditis from the shots amid a cover-up.
- Opinion: The number is in – taxpayers will likely be paying state workers $1,000 for getting a COVID-19 booster shotElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center has several questions about the governor’s updated directive.
- Woman drops dead at pharmacy within 15 minutes of booster shotA Canadian woman who died within 15 minutes of receiving a COVID-19 booster shot was in good health, according to her daughter, who blames the vaccine.
- Fauci: I knew ‘draconian’ lockdowns would harm kidsAfter repeatedly downplaying the impact on children of the COVID-19 lockdowns, Dr. Anthony Fauci justified the mitigation measures at an event Wednesday while acknowledging they were “draconian.”
- 7-month investigation: Blame Bill Gates for global COVID responseA new investigation by Politico reveals that if you didn’t like world governments’ response to the COVID-19 pandemic, you likely should blame Bill Gates.
- Pandemic over? When will unvaxed troops be reinstated?Ron DeSantis reacts to Biden’s declaration amid ongoing emergency declaration
- Ex-CDC director reveals names behind real COVID ‘conspiracy’Dr. Anthony Fauci has complained that conspiracy theorists have hindered his ability to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, but a former CDC director says it’s his old friend Tony and other federal health officials who are part of a “conspiracy.”
- Senator: Biden lied to Americans about COVID vaccineIn a Senate hearing, executives for social media giants were speechless when asked if they should censor President Biden for claiming people who get vaccinated for COVID-19 won’t go to the hospital or die.