Unvaccinated have better protection through natural immunity
WND News Center
A new study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that two doses of the mRNA vaccines increased the risk of COVID-19 infection during the omicron wave.
And researchers further confirmed that those infected without having been vaccinated for COVID-19 acquired natural immunity from infection, the Epoch Times reported.
The study, published June 15, examined the omicron wave in Qatar from about December 2021 to February 2022. It compared vaccination rates and immunity among more than 100,000 omicron infected and non-infected individuals.
The results support a recent study from Israel finding natural immunity waned much more slowly than immunity from vaccination.
The new Qatar study found unvaccinated people with prior infection had a 46.1 and 50 percent immunity against the two subvariants of the omicron variant. But those with no previous infection who received two doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine had negative immunity against both subvariants, meaning their risk of contracting COVID-19 was higher than an average person.
The study found three doses of the Pfizer vaccine increased immunity, but natural immunity persisted longer.
In short, unvaccinated people with a previous infection had half the risks of reinfection as compared to those that were vaccinated with two doses but not previously infected.
- Petition requests the revocation or suspension of the FDA’s clearance of COVID-19 vaccines for children ages six months to four yearsIf the FDA fails to reverse its authorization, the Daily Clout and Health Freedom Defense Fund will take legal action to ensure that FDA abides by the law.
- Opinion: The rent is coming due and government mandates have made things more expensiveMark Harmsworth of the Washington Policy Center discusses the issues with tenants and property owners created by the government mandates imposed during COVID
- Opinion: Inslee booster mandate exacerbates current public health challengesElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center states ‘COVID-19 is serious, but it is no longer a public-health crisis’
- Pushing COVID vax on children: Senseless lunacyExclusive: Joel S. Hirschhorn hammers public health establishment for jab propaganda
- Fauci says he got sicker after taking Pfizer drug for COVIDStudies show Paxlovid not effective for people vaccinated.
- Opinion: On vax mandates, exemptions and true medical careExclusive: Jane M. Orient, M.D., cites illogic of governments and employers ‘prescribing’ the jab
- Twitter OK with threat to kill Clarence Thomas, but censors COVID studyTwitter’s values were on display this week with the social media giant’s censorship of a peer-reviewed study that conflicted with its COVID-19 narrative while allowing, at the same time, death threats against Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.
- State looks to kill all dissent from approved COVID talking pointsCalifornia is threatening to punish any physician who dissents from the approved medical agenda regarding COVID, according to a warning from Aaron Kheriaty, a former professor at the UCI School of Medicine and now a senior scholar at the Brownstone Institute.