Remains were found about a half mile from where Kevin Osterkamp’s pickup truck had been found abandoned
The remains of an unidentified male were found Tuesday near Lacamas Lake.
On Tuesday (Aug. 2) morning, Clark County Sheriff Search and Rescue (CCSO SAR) under the direction of VPD conducted a search of wooded areas northeast of Lacamas Lake. The search commenced at the trailhead parking lot for the Lacamas Heritage Trail at the corner of NE Goodwin Rd. and NW Alexander Ln.
Remains of a male were found in a densely vegetated location between the trail and Lacamas Creek, about a half mile from where Kevin Osterkamp’s pickup truck had been found abandoned. CCSO SAR conducted searches on four days leading up to this recovery.
Confirmation of the identity and cause and manner of death of the remains is still pending from the Medical Examiner. At this time no foul play is indicated.
The Vancouver Police Department seeks the public’s help in locating Osterkamp, a 44-year-old Vancouver man missing since late June. Based on a conversation with a close friend, the last time he spoke with anyone was June 22.
Osterkamp’s Nissan Frontier pickup truck was towed from the parking lot of Lacamas Regional Park on July 18, but had reportedly been in the lot for over a week before being removed. Osterkamp is a white male with brown hair and eyes. He is about 6-foot-1 and about 160 pounds.
Anyone with information about Kevin Osterkamp is asked to call 9-1-1 or to email Det. David Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided by Vancouver Police Department.
- New season, new coach: Battle Ground TigersHigh school football: Mike Woodward started playing football growing up in Battle Ground and now he is the head coach for the Tigers
- Amerigroup Washington helps restore Share’s ability to serve meals in Clark CountyAmerigroup President Anthony E. Woods was recently recognized for Amerigroup’s commitment and support during a visit of Share House in Vancouver
- Wisdom Ridge Academy now accepting out-of-district students, announces new directorDuring the 2021-22 school year, Ridgefield School District opened Wisdom Ridge Academy, a parent-partnered online learning program that provides flexible learning options for students and families.
- Klineline Pond at Salmon Creek Regional Park closed Wednesday (Aug. 24)Klineline Pond at Salmon Creek Regional Park will be closed to the public Wednesday (Aug. 24) for maintenance crews to safely remove a damaged picnic shelter and repair the splash pad water-play feature.
- 1,200 scientists, scholars: ‘There is no climate emergency’Led by a Nobel Prize laureate, more than 1,100 scientists and scholars have signed a document declaring climate science is based more on personal beliefs and political agendas than sound, rigorous science.
- Three days of sturgeon fishing announced on portion of lower Columbia RiverState fishery managers from Washington and Oregon announced Thursday that a section of the lower Columbia River will open for three days of sturgeon retention in September.
- POLL: Should Gov. Jay Inslee end his COVID state of emergency, which has now surpassed 900 days?Should Gov. Jay Inslee end his COVID state of emergency, which has now surpassed 900 days?