Due to limited space, a private memorial service will be held for Sergeant Rick Kelly’s family, close friends, and members of local law enforcement
This past week has been difficult for the entire Battle Ground community, none more so than the family of Sergeant Rick Kelly and the members of the Battle Ground Police Department. On behalf of Sergeant Kelly’s family, the city of Battle Ground would like to express thanks and appreciation to all those who have offered their words of comfort, shared memories of Sergeant Kelly, and honored his many years of dedicated service to our community.
Due to limited space, a private memorial service will be held for Sergeant Kelly’s family, close friends, and members of local law enforcement. In recognition of his deep love for the Battle Ground community, the Kelly Family would like to offer the public an opportunity to participate in his remembrance. Sergeant Kelly’s memorial service will be live streamed on Sat., Aug. 19, starting at 2:20 p.m., and may be viewed using the following link: https://client.tribucast.com/tcid/7839016751
In lieu of flowers, the “Rick Kelly Memorial Fund” has been set up by the Battle Ground Police Officers Association, to support the Kelly Family with funeral expenses and to establish a memorial in Sergeant Kelly’s honor. Donations may be made at any IQ Credit Union branches, or online through PayPal https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=JXUVJELJLJZJS
Information provided by city of Battle Ground.
- CCSO provides additional information on Sunday’s murder-suicideThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit continues its investigation of Sunday’s murder-suicide in Orchards that led to the deaths of five family members.
- Washington public college enrollment lowest since 2014Washington state’s public universities are at their lowest combined levels of enrollment since 2014, according to state data.
- Journey Theater presents The Wizard of OzThe story of Dorothy traveling to the Land of Oz will be told by Journey Theater’s performance of the Wizard of Oz, with six shows, starting with opening night on Friday, Dec. 8.
- Re-Imagined Radio celebrates the holidays with live and broadcast episodesIt’s Vancouver’s own Christmas classic: “A Radio Christmas Carol,” offered by Re-Imagined Radio every year since 2013.
- Opinion: A taxpayer receipt would help provide a snapshot of government spendingJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses the concept of providing an itemized receipt for taxpayers about their tax dollars and it relates to government.
- iQ Credit Union celebrates the opening of its newly relocated Salmon Creek branchiQ Credit Union, a member-owned, modern-day financial institution based in the Pacific Northwest, announced the opening of its relocated Salmon Creek branch.
- Welfare check leads to discovery of apparent murder-suicide in OrchardsTragic murder-suicide in Orchards: Five family members found dead, including the suspect, in a residence on NE 93rd Street; Clark County Sheriff’s Office investigating.