Investigation is continuing in what became a crash that involved five vehicles
A Woodland man was identified as the driver who died after a crash on Interstate 5 in Portland last week.
Mark S. Sinclair, 68, was driving a green Honda Accord in the left lane of southbound I-5 near North Failing Street on Thursday afternoon when traffic slowed ahead of him. Sinclair’s vehicle was rear-ended by a 2017 Mercedes Sprinter, a cargo van. When Portland Police officers arrived, they found Sinclair deceased at the scene.
Three other vehicles were struck and damaged during the crash. No patients were transported by ambulance.
The driver of the Mercedes remained at the scene and cooperated with the investigation. No arrests were made. The investigation was ongoing, as of Monday morning.
If anyone has information about this incident and has not already spoken to police, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference case number 23-280468.
- CCSO provides additional information on Sunday’s murder-suicideThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit continues its investigation of Sunday’s murder-suicide in Orchards that led to the deaths of five family members.
- Re-Imagined Radio celebrates the holidays with live and broadcast episodesIt’s Vancouver’s own Christmas classic: “A Radio Christmas Carol,” offered by Re-Imagined Radio every year since 2013.
- Opinion: A taxpayer receipt would help provide a snapshot of government spendingJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses the concept of providing an itemized receipt for taxpayers about their tax dollars and it relates to government.
- iQ Credit Union celebrates the opening of its newly relocated Salmon Creek branchiQ Credit Union, a member-owned, modern-day financial institution based in the Pacific Northwest, announced the opening of its relocated Salmon Creek branch.
- Welfare check leads to discovery of apparent murder-suicide in OrchardsTragic murder-suicide in Orchards: Five family members found dead, including the suspect, in a residence on NE 93rd Street; Clark County Sheriff’s Office investigating.
- Vancouver Fire crews extinguish shop fireOn Saturday (Dec. 2) at about 4:45 p.m., the Vancouver Fire Department was called to a report of a shop fire at 20718 NE 83rd Street.
- Tunnel model for Interstate crossing exposes more IBR flawsRetired engineers Wallis and Rowe challenge the $7.5-billion Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) proposal, presenting an immersed tube tunnel model that offers superior connectivity and safety, contradicting the IBR team’s claims at a recent open house in Vancouver.