PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center asks those with non-emergency health issues to consider visiting their primary care physician or a same-day or urgent care clinic
VANCOUVER – PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is again experiencing unprecedented patient volumes in its emergency department due to rising cases of RSV, flu, and many other emergent health needs.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center asks those with non-emergency health issues to consider visiting their primary care physician or a same-day or urgent care clinic to preserve the Emergency Department for those patients seeking care for emergency health issues.
“Given we are at what is likely the height of the influenza and RSV seasons, we ask at this time you consider other options to assist with your non-emergency health care needs so our team can care for the most ill and vulnerable,” says Jason Hanley, MD, PeaceHealth Southwest Emergency Services Medical Director. “Please know that we treat everyone who visits our Emergency Department, but those with non-emergency needs will most likely have a longer wait time before we are able to care for you.”
Dr. Hanley encourages anyone with difficulty breathing or challenges getting enough oxygen to come to the Emergency Department for an evaluation. He adds that for other flu or respiratory virus symptoms, like body aches and coughing, self-care or a visit to your primary care physician may be a more suitable option.
PeaceHealth Medical Center Emergency Department is available 24/7 to provide immediate care for those experiencing life-threatening or emergent medical issues. More information about urgent care and primary care locations can be found here.
- Washington Supreme Court upholds constitutionality of capital gains taxThe Washington State Supreme Court has upheld the constitutionality of the state’s capital gains tax. The court released its 7-2 ruling on Friday morning.
- Sen. Lynda Wilson has warning for taxpayers after Supreme Court backs capital-gains income taxSen. Lynda Wilson of Vancouver, budget leader for Senate Republicans, offered this reaction to the state Supreme Court’s ruling today that the tax on capital-gains income adopted by Democratic legislators in 2021 is constitutional.
- Local photographer captures Northern LightsVancouver’s Heather Tianen drove for two hours to find clear skies in hopes of seeing the Northern Lights last night, and she captured some incredible images.
- Arrest made, public assistance still requested regarding October 2022 fatality collisionThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating a fatal collision that claimed the life of a Vancouver man last fall. Vancouver resident Gregory Bailey, 59, was arrested Thursday and charged with one count of Vehicular Homicide.
- Council Chair Karen Bowerman to deliver virtual State of the County AddressClark County Council Chair Karen Dill Bowerman will present the 2023 State of the County address in a video to be released on Tue., April 4.
- Councilor Michelle Belkot to hold first town hall for District 2 with Sheriff John HorchCrime has been in the news often in Hazel Dell and other District 2 areas of Clark County and Councilor Michelle Belkot is inviting area citizens to attend her first town hall to talk about it.
- POLL: Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?
Doom and gloom, doom and gloom!
The sky if falling, the sky is falling!
Wear masks; don’t wear masks.
Get a jab, get another jab; oh the jabs don’t really work.
Wash. State has a budget excess; oh the budget is soon to hit an iceberg requiring tax increases.
Wash. State schools need more of our tax money to be successful; oh the scores have fallen to unprecedented lows so the schools need more money.
It seems like there is, on a daily basis, some form of “you really need to be worried about THIS today” type of article. Tomorrow, there is something else.
And they wonder why there is now so little respect for “science” and for “the authorities” and for MSM.
And they wonder why so many are dis-engaging from school, work, religion, the social-fabric, and life-in-general.
I, for one, felt pretty good about things, and about life, in late-Nov 2019. Now, exactly three years later, our society and the world are collapsing. What has happened? Well, I’ll tell you… Joe ‘Brandon’ and the dumbocrats happened, that’s what happened.
Thank you Susan! I agree 100%! J.Q. Public, is taking their lives into their own hands and rightly so! The Status Quo- now driven by a corporate lying media, and what appears now to be a lack of justice from lower courts clear to the top-o-the-land, criminals are going FREE- walking among us, have MORE THAN soured the pot, and NOW, WE the people are going our own way which is beautiful, honorable and sovereign in many ways! We are doing it because WE CAN.
COMPARE the shining leadership, which lawfully reigned since 2017 in spite of constant attempts to totally DESTROY him and his family, denouncing him at every turn, denying him his Victory, trying to disgrace him, to now and the last two years of “BrandonCrats” doing NOTHING but shredding American morals and values, from Day one UNDOING ALL the good that was set in place, and literally intentionally bankrupting America!
WE must peaceably, Stand up by refusing to cooperate in any way we can. To take our own roles as parents, family and civic leaders; otherwise we are doomed
LOL at the drama queen. You post about doom and gloom and here you are, “our society and the world are collapsing”. As if there’s never been inflation or a recession or wars before.
Beware of The Ides of March! Ron. There is WAY MORE going on than threats of war and resession. WAY MORE! I really wish it were that simple!
Susan. I agree with you. Someone hit minus enough on your comment that it took out my plus! I am with you 100%
Re: Peace Health Swarm –
PLEASE! Lets address The Elephant in the Room! PCP Drs And Specialists Appts can only be scheduled 3-5 months out! I am living proof of 2 ER Visits in June, both sending me home still suffering, NOT identifying the cause, and total lack of care!
Only recently (Oct!) have I been able to see my PCP, and so far 2 specialists, none yet which have treated me OR given me a reason ‘why’ my Blood Labs are ‘flagged’ all over the place! The tests they all gave me say “Everything looks good?
It is November, I am no further along. I have no diagnosis, no care plan, and NO treatment!
My issues today are same as June. Shortness of Breath, sometimes unbearable PAIN, inflammation and swelling in my feet, ankles, lower limbs.
I have told ‘several’ people; I believe our Medical System has been hijacked! Every person, even RN’s and Lab Techs agreed!
Tell me. What does this say? Where exactly are we? And WHERE are we going?
I find it interesting someone tried to cancel my words with a “minus”. Someone doesnt like a true story of something that actually happened to me?