The closure will remain in effect until the fire hazard conditions improve
PORTLAND — Due to the current fire danger and nearby firefighting activity, PacifiCorp has closed all access to its Yale and Swift area properties in Southwest Washington Lewis River basin until further notice. This includes the Yale Day Use area and Swift Campground. The Beaver Bay Campground, Cougar Campground and Saddle Dam Day Use recreation sites were closed for the season on Sept. 5, 2022. PacifiCorp’s wildlife lands within and surrounding this area are now closed.
The closure will remain in effect until the fire hazard conditions improve. The primary concern is for the safety of employees, contractors and all of those who enjoy using the properties. PacifiCorp regrets the inconvenience this may cause and appreciates the public’s cooperation to ensure the safety of everyone that may be impacted.
For a complete list of recreation site closures and limited or reduced services, including PacifiCorp
facilities in Oregon, Washington, and California, please visit https://www.pacificorp.com/community/recreation.html.
- Letter: ‘The (Vancouver School) district ignored or broke numerous rules to enforce the governor’s emergency mask rule’Brush Prairie resident Bill Eling outlines examples of Vancouver Public Schools’ ‘missteps’ in a lawsuit against a parent of a Skyview High School student.
- Informed Choice Washington assists lawmakers with writing of companion billsInformed Choice Washington assists lawmakers with writing of companion bills. The intent of the bills is to make sure public health officials are not overextending their promotional messaging.
- New Heritage football coach in it for the long haulKevin Peterson, named the head coach, promises to bring stability to Heritage High School’s football program, hoping to remain with the program until the day he retires from teaching.
- Capital gains tax has its day in Washington’s highest courtLast March, Douglas County Superior Court Judge Brian Huber ruled the tax was “properly characterized as an income tax … rather than as an excise tax as argued by the State” and struck it down.
- Biden’s National Security Council met with CDC over COVID ‘disinfo’President Joe Biden’s National Security Council meetings with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about COVID-19 disinformation in 2021, according to documents obtained in an America First Legal lawsuit.
- Columbia Play Project board chair seeking to fill the void with a children’s museum in Clark CountyThe Columbia Play Project was officially started in October of 2020 after a nine-month delay due to the pandemic. The long-term goal (and third phase) of the organization is to build a permanent, brick and mortar children’s museum in Clark County. Photo courtesy Leah Anaya
- POLL: Do you support legislation that would lengthen the school year one week to address student learning loss during the COVID-19 pandemic?Do you support legislation that would lengthen the school year one week to address student learning loss during the COVID-19 pandemic?