Speech limits under instructions from the government violates 1st Amendment
WND News Center
Judges on the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals are being told that Twitter – back in the day before it was turned over to new owner Elon Musk – actually was “enforcing the Biden administration’s policy” when it censored information about COVID-19.
It would be legal for Twitter, a private company, to decide what it does and does not allow on its platform.
But when it acts to enforce a government mandate in concert with the government, it becomes subject to the First Amendment’s requirements.
Officials with the American Freedom Law Center say they have petitioned for rehearing of their case before the 9th Circuit panel, as well as the full court.
The federal civil rights action, a class action case, is against Twitter and Joe Biden.
It charges “Twitter censored speech critical of the administration’s COVID-19 vaccination policy on behalf of the Biden administration in violation of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.”
It was Dr. Colleen Huber who posted a statement from a well-known Israeli newspaper reporting on findings of mortality rates relating to the COVID-19 vaccinations used in Israel.
Twitter responded by suspending Huber permanently.
It accused Huber, a well-respected and licensed naturopathic medical doctor in Arizona, of violating Twitter’s “policy.”
But, said the AFLC, “Twitter was in reality enforcing the Biden administration’s policy to silence anyone critical of COVID-19 vaccinations. Given the recent publication of the Twitter files outlining the White House-Twitter cozy censorship ‘partnership,’ the fact of an illegal conspiracy between the Biden administration and Twitter for Twitter to censor speech critical of the COVID vaccine policies on behalf of the government should surprise no one.”
The legal team said it was no surprise that a district court in California, “in Twitter’s backyard,” ignored compelling evidence of a conspiracy between Biden and Twitter, and ruled against the doctor.
On appeal, a panel made up of two judges appointed by the far-left Barack Obama, and a third appointed by Bill Clinton, left the result unchanged.
So, the AFLC said, its lawyers “filed a petition to have the matter reconsidered by the panel or reheard by the Ninth Circuit ‘en banc’ (i.e., all of the judges of the circuit*) because the panel’s decision not only contradicts Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit precedent, it mishandled a critically important First Amendment case. “
The new petition charges that what needs to be resolved is the government’s decision to use “private actors to censor speech of which the government disapproves”
“In contemporary times, this question takes on enormous consequences for liberty in general, political freedom in particular, and free speech most particularly. Large social media platforms and their concentration of economic power are relatively new to the law. Their unique ability to control the social and political messaging of public sentiment through hidden algorithms and even outright censorship has become a battleground for those in different and even adversarial political camps.”
- Opinion: Let’s eliminate light rail and tolling from the I-5 Bridge replacement at the same timeEditor Ken Vance shares changes to elements of the proposed project that he believes many Southwest Washington residents would support.
- King’s Way Christian football: The new Rule is all about Knight VisionAfter decades as an assistant football coach in Oregon and then at Camas, Dale Rule is taking over as the head coach at Vancouver’s King’s Way Christian
- Seton Catholic football: Dan Chase called to return to coaching and teachingA vice principal at the Seton Catholic, former football coach Dan Chase is returning to the field, and the classroom, in order to develop a stronger program
- Former criminals deemed ‘marginalized’ under Washington state worker trainingThe interview panel for new Washington state employees must undergo anti-bias training and the job candidate will be subject to questions regarding anti-racism and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Opinion: State salary report shows running a school district is often the best job in townLiv Finne of the Washington Policy Center believes that it’s important for the public to be informed about how much school leaders are paid and how effective the system is at educating children. Washington State Fiscal Information
- Letter: ‘The process for restoring an effective representative form of government is now about the healthy functioning of citizens’ minds on important matters’Matt Garland states that Congresswoman Marie Gluesenkamp Perez is misusing federal funds by using taxpayer dollars to pay for her campaign mailers and that her town halls are really not public outreach town halls.
- Expect daytime delays on northbound I-5 in Vancouver for drainage work, June 5-8Possible delays expected on northbound Interstate 5 in Vancouver next week as Washington State Department of Transportation installs catch basins to prevent pooling and improve safety during heavy rainstorms.
Why are we NOT surprised! Yesterday after The Tennessee Shooting, Biden talked candidly about who he was, “Hi, I am Joe Biden, and Dr Jill Biden is my wife” how much he liked Ice Cream, “Chocolate Chip to be exact, and that he had a full refrigerator upstairs full of it” and how excited he was to see (4) children in his small audience, “Stand up! Welcome!” ; until a News Anchor, who was there to report Joe Biden’s sentiments on the shooting, was alarmed it had to be brought to his attention ! Truth!
One by one the layers of deception are peeled back, as the truth is revealed and more Americans are waking up.
“Groundbreaking Analysis: COVID Vaccines Caused 300,000 Excess Deaths, $147 Billion in Damage to Economy in 2022 Alone”http://support.childrenshealthdefense.org/site/R?i=gWsFWeHBAcU9S4jl7GsaXm8kZHVSdTjiUwCzKZvokeNJKYyPkSc2rQ
Biden’s attempts to portray himself as a jovial, benign, and kind person fall flat and come across as FAKE. Continual use of proxy wars to divert public attention from real US issues is a road to disaster! Biden’s house of cards has crumbled into a rotting heap.
Excellent in-depth discussion between Michael Nevradakis PhD and Dr Francis Boyle.
“Dr Francis Boyle on Covid Origins, WHO Negotiations, and more”
These revelations reaffirm what many of us had suspected years ago.