After trailing by 11,123 votes on Election Night, the Republican has now seen his deficit reduced to 5,117 votes
Marie Gluesenkamp Perez’ lead in the Third Congressional District race has been cut in half.
The Democrat from Skamania County held an 11,123-vote lead on Election Night over Republican Joe Kent. On Friday afternoon, however, Perez lead was just 5,117 votes. According to the latest results in the race, released by the Secretary of State’s office at 2:07 p.m. Friday (Nov. 11), Perez had 50.68 percent of the votes and Kent had 48.75 percent.
“Since I last wrote you, counting has continued and our 11,000 vote deficit is now a 5500 vote deficit,’’ Kent wrote to supporters Friday morning. “We’ve also discovered 6500 ballots that have been rejected so far that could potentially make up this deficit if we can get to these voters and remind them to ‘cure’ their ballots. We are currently pursuing these voters with door knockers, live phone calls, and text messages.’’
Clark County Auditor Greg Kimsey told Clark County Today Friday that he believes there are about 45,000 ballots left to be counted in Clark County, the largest of the seven counties that make up the Third Congressional District. Kimsey estimated that his office would have the remaining ballots counted by Monday.
Kent continued to ask his supporters to make sure they’re going to the Washington GOV site to make sure that their vote has actually been counted. Kent also urged his supporters to check and see if their ballots have been rejected and need to be cured.
“You can go through, you can see the screenshots of what’s supposed to happen because ballot curing might become very critical in this,’’ Kent said earlier this week. “We can cure ballots up until the 28th. So that’s the important thing. Check that site right now.’’
The Third Congressional District includes six entire counties – Clark, Skamania, Cowlitz, Lewis, Pacific and Wahkiakum – and also part of Thurston County.
Updated election results
Clark County Today will continue to report on updated election results. For updated results in Clark County, go to ClarkVotes.com. For Washington statewide election results, including federal races such as the Third Congressional District, go to VoteWA.gov. For state of Oregon results, go to OregonVotes.gov.
- High School Baseball: Clark County All-Stars shine for most of the nightSeniors from local high schools gathered in Ridgefield on Tuesday for the annual Clark County Senior All-Star Baseball series, and then coaches voted for the county’s nominees to the all-state series later this month.
- Opinion: State’s income tax windfall isn’t needed – public schools have plenty of moneyLiv Finne states that in Washington, ‘fully funding the schools’ means funding the interests of powerful unions, bureaucracies, and feeding ever-growing amounts of tax money into an increasingly unpopular monopoly system.
- Washington state predicts U.S. economic ‘slowdown,’ not recessionWashington state forecasts a slowdown in the U.S. economy, predicting lower GDP growth, higher unemployment rates, and decreasing oil prices in the coming years.
- Opinion: The debt-limit deal is a bust!Speaker Kevin McCarthy criticized for selling out conservatives in debt-ceiling deal and failing to include spending cuts, prompting calls for Republicans to vote against the Biden/McCarthy agreement.
- Ridgefield School District hires new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle SchoolJennifer Johnson, highly experienced educator and interim assistant principal at Columbia River High School, has been hired as the new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle School in the Ridgefield School District, bringing her expertise and leadership to support the district’s learning community.
- Night time delays for guardrail installation on southbound I-5 in Woodland, May 31Travelers returning home from the extended weekend should expect nightly lane closures on southbound Interstate 5 in Woodland as a new guardrail is installed for improved safety.
- Sheriff John Horch invites area residents to second community forumClark County Sheriff John Horch invites residents to a community forum discussing crime trends, agency updates, and future initiatives, offering an opportunity to ask questions and engage with the sheriff’s leadership team.
I am a little confused, so maybe someone can help me understand.
According to VoteWA.gov, Kent is currently trailing Perez by 5117 votes. This is U.S. Congressional District #3. District #3 is made up of Pacific, Wahkiakum, Lewis, Cowlitz, Clark, and Skamania Counties.
Again, according to VoteWA.gov, At the state level for legislative representatives, in each of the districts these counties are in (districts 17, 18, 19, and 20), the population voted for Republicans for their representatives, some even overwhelmingly. Sooooooooooooo, people in our area voted Republican for ALL of our state legislative representatives, but voted for a Democrat for our congressional representative? Someone help me out please.
Yes. Many republican leaning voters didn’t vote for Kent because they are sick of Trump sycophants-like me. He’s doing worse than Smiley. If JHB won the primary this election would be over.
Because we want true conservatives. Not this new age MAGA party which hold no true conservative values. WE THE PEOPLE are done with traitors and their supporters.
You want true conservatives so you voted for a socialist Democrat. Makes complete sense!
I’m sorry, but you are not We The People.
What exactly are your conservative values if you will vote for Perez? She is far far far away from being conservative. You voted for her in spite? Incredible!
Have you actually listened to her or read her platform. She is quite conservative in my book.
Traitors? That is an awfully strong word to be using. Do You think you can state some specifics to support your claim?
We wonder why millions of American citizens have stopped voting. Why? Because most have realized that out “vote” no longer matters. Both parties are extremely attached to the Financial Masters, aka, the Super Wealthy, Big Corporations, Big Banks. THEY are the ones who rule the country. Most definitely none of our politicians are serving their citizens. They are servile to the 10% Wealthiest Americans: about 10% of the population. Don’t you realize this yet?
Yes about where politicians loyalties land. But I’m not going to just throw up my hands and give up. If what you say is true about Americans not voting because if this, then Americans have already given up. I refuse to believe that and I refuse to do that. This should be that hill for We The People!
Kent was just too crazy for responsible Republicans
How is it that, nationwide, counting votes have become an onerous task? NO other Western Nation has this problem. Mind you, every one of those countries hand-count all votes. Results are completed asap. What IS going on in the US???
Something is very wrong with our election system here in Washington State. It shouldn’t take a week to count votes in a state election…..
This is a 9 part docuseries that is excellent if you can register somehow. You will learn SO MUCH! Ty Bollinger and his wife lead it.
Ty Bollinger is a well-known con man
THIS is lengthy but has some amazing info in it. The cheating has not gone un noticed but most citizens cannot even imagine how deep this all goes
A moderate Democrat https://marieforcongress.com/platform
A moderate Democrat is focused on the needs of the people she serves rather than a MEGA Trumper destroying our democracy. I’m a Republican who voted for Marie. https://marieforcongress.com/platform/
Stick a fork in him; he’s done!