The closure is expected to last 20 working days through Sept. 2
VANCOUVER – The intersection of Northeast 99th Street and Northeast 107th Avenue will be closed to traffic beginning Monday, Aug. 14 for construction of a roundabout. The closure is expected to last 20 working days (through Sept. 2). Exact closure start and end dates are weather dependent.
Signs and flaggers will direct traffic onto a detour. Drivers will be directed onto Northeast 105th Avenue on the east side and Northeast 110th Avenue on the west side of the closure.
The roundabout construction is part of the 99th Street project which began construction in 2022. The project’s goal is to improve traffic circulation and connect Northeast 99th Street between Northeast 94th Avenue and Northeast 105th Avenue, north of the Leichner Landfill. The project is expected to reach substantial completion this fall, with the roadway reopening to traffic at that time. Some work, such as landscape planting, may continue into 2024. More information about the project can be found at clark.wa.gov/public-works/ne-99th-street. Updates to the project schedule will be shared on the webpage and social media.
To receive information about road and park projects, closures, opportunities for community input, and more, residents can follow Public Works on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and view information on Nextdoor.
Go to clark.wa.gov/public-works and click on “News” to read this information in another language. Click the button in the top right of the page that says “Change language” next to a globe icon and choose your preferred language.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.
- Welfare check leads to discovery of apparent murder-suicide in OrchardsTragic murder-suicide in Orchards: Five family members found dead, including the suspect, in a residence on NE 93rd Street; Clark County Sheriff’s Office investigating.
- Vancouver Fire crews extinguish shop fireOn Saturday (Dec. 2) at about 4:45 p.m., the Vancouver Fire Department was called to a report of a shop fire at 20718 NE 83rd Street.
- Tunnel model for Interstate crossing exposes more IBR flawsRetired engineers Wallis and Rowe challenge the $7.5-billion Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) proposal, presenting an immersed tube tunnel model that offers superior connectivity and safety, contradicting the IBR team’s claims at a recent open house in Vancouver.
- WAGOP files ethics complaint against SoS Hobbs over social media monitoringWashington Secretary of State Steve Hobbs is facing a complaint filed with the Washington State Executive Ethics Board.
- White House pressured YouTube to ‘crack down on vaccine misinformation’President Joe Biden’s administration exerted pressure on Google-owned YouTube to suppress COVID-19 vaccine information, documents obtained by the House Judiciary Committee show.
- Importance of open government laws on display with shocking storiesJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses two recent stories that illustrate the lengths that some public officials will go to evade public accountability.
- State arm wrestling championships ready to flex Saturday in VancouverArmSports Entertainment, founded and owned by a Clark County arm wrestler, is hosting more than 300 competitors for the Washington State Arm Wrestling Championships at Kiggins Theater on Saturday.