Mass exodus amid low morale causing staffing shortages
WND News Center
Amid low morale fostered by “bad science,” frustrated and alarmed experts with the NIH, CDC and FDA are quitting, creating serious staffing shortages, reports Johns Hopkins University professor Dr. Marty Makary.
Leadership of the agencies is being questioned, with the authorization, for example, of COVID-19 vaccines for children 4 years old and younger. Pfizer’s trial data found no statistically significant evidence that the shots provide benefit for young children. Meanwhile, members of FDA vaccine panels have expressed concern about the lack of safety data for children.
Makary, writing on the Substack page Common Sense, says that other decisions by the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Food and Drug Administration that have hurt morale among employees include support for masking in schools and the closing of schools during the pandemic.
Johns Hopkins' Dr. Marty Makary to Tucker Carlson on medical professionals who buck the Covid narrative:— Scott Morefield (@SKMorefield) July 15, 2022
"… they really can't say anything … they know that their jobs are at risk …"
"They feel like they're watching a horror show and they can't close their eyes." pic.twitter.com/C4Fb4O444M
“It’s like a horror movie I’m being forced to watch and I can’t close my eyes,” a senior FDA official told Common Sense. “People are getting bad advice and we can’t say anything.”
An NIH scientist who spoke on condition of anonymity said there is “no leadership right now.”
“Suddenly, there’s an enormous number of jobs opening up at the highest level positions,” the scientist said.
A CDC scientist told Common Sense, also on condition of anonymity, that the agency “failed to balance the risks of COVID with other risks that come from closing schools.”
“Learning loss, mental health exacerbations were obvious early on and those worsened as the guidance insisted on keeping schools virtual,” the scientist said. “CDC guidance worsened racial equity for generations to come. It failed this generation of children.”
Makary, in an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson, said doctors working for federal agencies are “muzzled,” prevented from presenting their views on various issues if they conflict with the government’s narrative.
“I talked with many doctors for this piece at NIH and CDC,” he said, referring to his Substack article, “who are extremely frustrated.”
“They are smart people,” he said, who know that the vaccines provide no benefit and that there is no health emergency among young children.
“Not only are [the agencies] bypassing the normal scientific process, but [the scientists] can’t really say anything, because if they do, they know that their jobs are at risk and they will be treated very differently,” said Makary, who is a professor of public health at Johns Hopkins.
One scientist told Makary that there is no transparency in how the top White House coronavirus adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, makes decisions. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, doesn’t even consult with the “real experts,” the scientist said.
To restore credibility, Makary said, public health officials need to display “more humility, less absolutism, more answers like, ‘We don’t know,’ when that’s the right answer, and less paternalism.”
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee tests positive for COVID-19 for the third timeWashington Governor Jay Inslee tests positive for COVID-19 for the third time, the first in May 2022 and again this February.
- Fauci secretly visited CIA to ‘influence’ findings on COVID originsThe CIA brought in Dr. Anthony Fauci to its headquarters “without a record of entry” to help “influence” the agency’s review of the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a letter from the chairman of the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- Cancers erupting in ways ‘never before seen’ following COVID shotsAnother possible side effect of those COVID-19 shots demanded for Americans by many governments and employers during the pandemic has shown up, and it’s not good.
- Doctor censored by Biden administration calls out scheme of threats and ‘coercion’Francis Collins demanded a ‘swift and devastating takedown’ when experts in the field of medicine suggested that the Biden administration’s lockdowns, shutdowns, social distancing and masking demands weren’t really needed to deal with COVID-19.
- COVID skeptic Dr. David Martin: WHO is a ‘criminal cartel’In a recent video, COVID-19 skeptic Dr. David Martin states his opinions about the pandemic.
- CCRP adopts resolution affirming its support of individual informed consentThe Clark County Republican Party (CCRP) has adopted a resolution meant to tell politicians that they are serious when it comes to informed medical consent.
- WA DOH replaces COVID-19 data dashboard with respiratory illness data dashboardThe Washington State Department of Health on Monday announced the retirement of its COVID-19 dashboard, with a replacement that shows data about multiple respiratory illnesses.
- State’s surgeon general issues COVID booster warningFlorida’s surgeon general, Dr. Joseph Ladapo, advised that anyone under 65 years of age should not get COVID-19 booster vaccines.