The 57th version of the annual event took place Saturday along NE Highway 99
The Sounds of Freedom once again rang in Hazel Dell Saturday as the 57th annual Hazel Dell Parade of Bands returned with area bands, parade floats, classic vehicles and other participants.
The Hazel Dell Salmon Creek Business Association presented the 2023 Hazel Parade of Bands on Saturday (May 20).
Photographer Mike Schultz captured these images of this year’s event for Clark County Today:
- Volunteers filled with joy at the Scott Campbell Christmas Promise’s Bike BuildThe Scott Campbell Christmas Promise wants all children in need to have a bicycle for Christmas, and this year, more than 800 bikes were being assembled and prepared for delivery, courtesy of Waste Connections and a large number of volunteers.
- Night of 1,000 Stars remembers traffic crash fatalities, recognizes law enforcement officialsLaw enforcement officials from throughout Southwest Washington met Friday night to remember lives lost on Washington’s roads, and promised to do their best in keeping the roads safe from impaired drivers as part of Target Zero’s mission
- Body found in hotel room fireA fatal fire at the Inn at Salmon Creek in the early morning prompts a death investigation, with firefighters extinguishing the blaze and the Clark County Medical Examiner called to identify the victim and determine the cause of death.
- Opinion: Diversion – IBR tolls will gridlock I-205City Observatory’s Joe Cortright warns that Oregon’s tolling plans for the I-5 Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) Project, with tolls ranging from $2.80 to $4.30, could trigger a substantial drop in I-5 traffic, potentially causing gridlock on the parallel I-205 Bridge and raising concerns about traffic diversion and community well-being.
- Clark County Council to hold special meeting on Dec. 13The Clark County Council will hold a special meeting at 1 p.m. Wed., Dec. 13.
- Vancouver man exonerated in vehicular homicide caseChristian Poole was found not guilty on two counts of vehicular homicide stemming from a July 2019 collision that claimed the lives of Matthew Stevens and Renee Unell.
- Seven new deputy sheriff positions added with County Council approvalOn Tuesday (Dec. 5), the Clark County Council approved two budget requests to add seven new deputy sheriff positions to the Clark County Sheriff’s Office.