Studies show Paxlovid not effective for people vaccinated
WND News Center
President Biden and Dr. Anthony Fauci have touted the Pfizer drug Paxlovid as an effective treatment for COVID-19.
But Fauci, the federal government’s top infectious disease official, said Tuesday he experienced a rebound of COVID symptoms after he was treated with the drug, DailyMail.com reported.
In fact, Pfizer’s own trial data showed the drug may not be effective for people who have received a COVID vaccine. Fauci has been “double-boosted,” meaning he has received four doses of the experimental mRNA vaccine. And in May, the Centers for Disease Control issued a formal warning that a course of Paxlovid could produce a rebound of COVID-19.
Fauci, who tested positive for COVID earlier this month, was speaking remotely at the Foreign Policy Global Health Forum.
As is typical of the omicron variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that are currently prevalent, Fauci had mostly mild symptoms, including fatigue. But he said that when his symptoms became slightly worse, he began a five-day course of Paxlovid.
After the drug course, he tested negative for COVID-19 three days in a row. However, when he tested on the fourth day, the result came back positive, he said.
President Biden, in his 2022 State of the Union address, touted Paxlovid as a key to the nation’s COVID response.
“If you get COVID-19, the Pfizer pill reduces your chances of ending up in the hospital by 90%,” he said.
“I’ve ordered more pills than anyone in the world has. Pfizer is working overtime to get us a million pills this month and more than double that next month.”
Fauci said at the conference where he disclosed his COVID-19 rebound, “It is not the time to be at odds with each other, it’s a time to be pulling together against the common enemy, which is the virus.”
He called for an “aggressive” public vaccine campaign.
“If you locked down only for the sake of locking down, sooner or later the virus is going to enter or re-enter into your country,” he said. “The purpose should be to get a very aggressive vaccination campaign to all citizens.”
One week ago, Fauci told a Senate panel that he if it weren’t for the fact he was double boosted, he wouldn’t be doing as well after contracting COVID-19.
“I’m still feeling really quite fine,” Fauci said Thursday at the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee hearing.
“I think I’m an example, given my age, of what we’re all talking about today,” Fauci said. “I’m vaccinated. I’m doubly boosted. And I believe if that were not the case, I very likely would not be talking to you looking as well as I look, I think, right now.
“So all is well with Fauci.”
Fauci: Vaccines ‘virtually 100% efficacious’
At the launch of the vaccines, Fauci, other health officials, pharmaceutical companies and media declared the coronavirus shots to be virtually 100% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 then gradually lowered their estimations to as low as 20% after only six months.
Fauci is seen in a media interview touting the vaccines as “virtually 100% efficacious” and stating in congressional testimony that the “real world effectiveness is even more impressive than the results of the clinical trial.”
Moderna boasted its vaccine was 100% effective in teenagers. Pfizer said its vaccine was 100% effective in preventing COVID infections. In other statements, the shots were declared to provide 100% protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death.
However, by October 2021, a study of real world data showed Pfizer’s COVID vaccine was only 20% effective against infection after six months.
A CNN headline one year earlier, before the vaccines were launched, said “Past vaccine disasters show why rushing coronavirus vaccine now would be ‘colossally stupid.”
- ‘I collapsed’: Documentary stuns with life-altering COVID-shot injuriesA newly released documentary film is stunning its audience with overwhelming evidence of life-altering injuries from the COVID vaccines.
- Phone COVID-19 exposure notifications in Washington state have endedWashington State Department of Health ends program that sent COVID-19 exposure notifications to residents’ phones. With the recent end of the federal public health emergency, federal funding for a variety of pandemic-related programs has dried up.
- ‘Noxious and harmful’: New study shatters myth that masks protectA new study suggests that wearing COVID masks may have caused problems with high blood pressure, reduced thinking ability, increased respiratory problems, and the inhalation of excessive carbon dioxide, potentially leading to harmful effects on health.
- Gov. Inslee rescinds COVID-19 vaccine mandate for state employeesMore than 1,800 state employees were initially fired or voluntarily left their jobs for failing to comply with Inslee’s vaccine mandate.
- COVID tests declared unsafe, mass recall issuedFDA warns of bacterial infection risk and inaccurate results in a recall of SD Biosensor’s Pilot COVID-19 At-Home Tests distributed by Roche Diagnostics, affecting numerous lot numbers. The FDA reported that about 500,000 tests were distributed to CVS Health.
- Opinion: Federal vaccine mandate on employees is ending; Washington state’s remainsElizabeth Hovde believes the governor’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for remaining and future employees of small cabinet and executive agencies is misguided, discriminatory and outdated.
- ABC News censors Bobby Kennedy remarks critical of COVID vaccines‘Instead of journalism, the public saw a hatchet job.’
- Big Pharma under investigation for COVID-vaccine fraudTexas Attorney General Ken Paxton has launched an investigation into Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson for possible violations of the state’s Deceptive Trade Practices Act over alleged COVID vaccine fraud and misrepresentation of efficacy and safety of the vaccines.
What game is he playing now? Trying to win back public trust? Trust, once lost, is 99.99% impossible to regain. At the same time he is spruiking the money-making vaccines! Greed is so addictive. Time to go mr (fake) science!
What a croc. Anyone who believes in these vaccines at this point. .I have no words for.
Agreed. It has been obvious from the start of the plandemc that the jab mandates were based on “shots first, questions later“. The FDA’s VRBPAC session makes it abundantly clear:
“On June 28, 2022, FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) met to vote on COVID strain replacement in the shots. Stand for Health Freedom was selected to make oral public comment at the meeting.”
Hard to believe in our so-called ‘democracy’ – unfortunately true.
Like you, I trust my own natural immune system and will continue to do so.
Happy Independence Day!