Starting Wednesday, WSDOT maintenance crews will close a single lane along the northbound I-5 North Fork Lewis River Bridge near milepost 19.87
WOODLAND – People who travel along northbound Interstate 5 near the Clark and Cowlitz county lines should plan ahead for single lane closures and additional travel time.
Starting Wednesday, Nov. 15, Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance crews will close a single lane along the northbound I-5 North Fork Lewis River Bridge near milepost 19.87, crossing over the Lewis River. During the closure, crews will complete annual maintenance and preservation work to flush the bridge with water to remove dirt and debris which helps prevent deterioration.
What to expect
- Wednesday, Nov. 15: The right lane on northbound I-5 along the North Fork Lewis River Bridge at milepost 19.87 will be closed from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 16: The left lane on northbound I-5 along the North Fork Lewis River Bridge at milepost 19.87 will be closed from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To keep both travelers and maintenance crew safe, travelers are asked to slow down, pay attention and use caution through the work zone.
Know before you go
- CCSO provides additional information on Sunday’s murder-suicideThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit continues its investigation of Sunday’s murder-suicide in Orchards that led to the deaths of five family members.
- Re-Imagined Radio celebrates the holidays with live and broadcast episodesIt’s Vancouver’s own Christmas classic: “A Radio Christmas Carol,” offered by Re-Imagined Radio every year since 2013.
- Opinion: A taxpayer receipt would help provide a snapshot of government spendingJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses the concept of providing an itemized receipt for taxpayers about their tax dollars and it relates to government.
- iQ Credit Union celebrates the opening of its newly relocated Salmon Creek branchiQ Credit Union, a member-owned, modern-day financial institution based in the Pacific Northwest, announced the opening of its relocated Salmon Creek branch.
- Welfare check leads to discovery of apparent murder-suicide in OrchardsTragic murder-suicide in Orchards: Five family members found dead, including the suspect, in a residence on NE 93rd Street; Clark County Sheriff’s Office investigating.
- Vancouver Fire crews extinguish shop fireOn Saturday (Dec. 2) at about 4:45 p.m., the Vancouver Fire Department was called to a report of a shop fire at 20718 NE 83rd Street.
- Tunnel model for Interstate crossing exposes more IBR flawsRetired engineers Wallis and Rowe challenge the $7.5-billion Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) proposal, presenting an immersed tube tunnel model that offers superior connectivity and safety, contradicting the IBR team’s claims at a recent open house in Vancouver.