Pickup was stolen Saturday in Portland and the collision took place Sunday in Clark County
The driver of a stolen pickup died at an area hospital after a single-vehicle collision Sunday.
On Sunday (March 26) at about 12:30 p.m., a witness called 9-1-1 to report hearing a collision near the 35000 block of NE Washougal River Rd. in Clark County. The witness was able to locate a truck that had driven off the roadway into a tree.
First responders arrived and found the single occupant of the vehicle with significant injuries. The unidentified male driver was transported to PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
The vehicle, a white Ford Ranger, had been reported stolen out of Portland on Saturday (March 25). The vehicle owner has been notified of its involvement in the collision.
Identification of the decedent will be done by the Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office. This case is active pending further investigation by the Clark County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- Sen. Lynda Wilson sees mixed signals in new state revenue forecastSenate budget leader Lynda Wilson is keeping an eye on a growth projection that is noticeably lower than any time outside of the Great Recession earlier this century.
- Evergreen running back all about sportsmanship and the family feelEvergreen running back James Bethune has had two 100-yard rushing performances this season, and he excels in the classroom.
- WA considers allowing fingerprint scan, facial analysis to buy alcohol, cannabisThe Washington State Legislature may consider legislation giving the State Liquor and Cannabis Board further rulemaking authority regarding the use of biometric age verification by private entities selling alcohol or cannabis products.
- Opinion: Interstate Bridge Replacement Program incompetence and deceptionRetired Engineer Bob Ortblad believes a new study of an immersed tunnel by a consultant independent of the IBR must be done.
- Joe Biden facing crushing defeat if RFK Jr. runs as 3rd-party candidateJoe Biden could be facing a disastrous defeat in the 2024 presidential election, assuming he’s still in the hunt then, if Democrat Robert F. Kennedy Jr. would offer voters a third-party candidacy.
- Board of Health seeks applicants for two Public Health Advisory Council positionsThe Clark County Board of Health is seeking applicants for two open positions on the volunteer Public Health Advisory Council.
- Grand opening event for The Vine on Mill Plain to be held SaturdayC-TRAN will hold a grand opening celebration on Saturday (Sept. 30), to mark the opening of The Vine on Mill Plain.