‘No one can have their rights stripped away simply because of their profession’
There’s been a victory for free speech as a state law that limited what doctors could say about COVID-19 has hit the trash bin.
Officials with Liberty Justice Center say the repeal in California of Assembly Bill 2098 took effect on Jan. 1.
The law, adopted during the pandemic caused by the virus that apparently escaped from a Chinese research lab working to make deadly viruses more threatening, was adopted at a time when the government was trying to maintain a single talking point about the threat.
Now the law, which enabled bureaucrats to revoke physicians’ medical licenses if they disagreed with the state’s official beliefs on COVID-19, has been repealed.
Officials with Liberty Justice Center explain they fought to overturn AB2098 in court before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, filing McDonald v. Lawson in October 2022.
After a year of litigation, the Liberty Justice Center announced a victory for free speech when Gov. Gavin Newsom resigned to the inevitable and signed the law’s repeal.
Jacob Huebert, chief of the center, explained, “We are thrilled to see this repeal take effect and to have defended doctors’ right to free speech. No one can have their constitutional rights stripped away simply because of their profession—or their religious beliefs or political affiliation, for that matter. Officials like Gov. Newsom cannot keep violating citizens’ constitutional rights in this way—and when they try, we’ll be there to challenge them in court.”
Dr. Jeff Barke was a plaintiff in the fight, and said, “It’s a shame that such a law ever made it past the governor’s desk, but seeing it struck down is a victory for all Californians, not just for doctors.”
Dr. Mark McDonald, another plaintiff, said, “We are proud to have been a part of the Liberty Justice Center’s work to defend free speech. Because of this repeal, California doctors no longer have to fear that giving patients their expert medical opinion could lead to punishment by bureaucrats—who have no medical training and are wholly unaccountable to the public they’re harming through such laws.”
- Medical freedom conference at local church draws large crowdA link to a video for a recent conference on medical freedom at Bethel Community Church in Washougal has been taken down by YouTube, but those who were at the event witnessed two doctors calling for individuals to take back their freedom.
- Report: COVID-vaccine maker monitored popular critics of the jabPharmaceutical giant Moderna tracked the content of popular media personalities who were critical of the COVID-19 vaccine seeking to censor what the company deemed as “misinformation.”
- WATCH: Tucker Carlson: When do the architects of the COVID catastrophe go on trial?In his latest episode of his Uncensored series on X, Tucker Carlson asked New York Times reporter Alex Berenson when will the architects of the COVID “catastrophe’’ go on trial?
- Doctors no longer forced to sing COVID narrative in one stateThere’s been a victory for free speech as a state law that limited what doctors could say about COVID-19 has hit the trash bin.
- CIA being sued for hiding COVID pandemic recordsThe Central Intelligence Agency is being sued for refusing to release records relating to an investigation of the origins of COVID.
- Shares of company making COVID shots plunge 44%Shares of company making COVID shots plunge 44%. During 2022, when the COVID-19 fears still raged across the nation, Pfizer reported a record $100 billion revenue stream.
- Rand Paul: Fauci claimed Wuhan research ‘worth the risk’ even if pandemic killsRand Paul: Fauci claimed Wuhan research ‘worth the risk’ even if pandemic kills. Senator charges COVID adviser ‘responsible for probably more deaths’ than anyone in the medical world.
- COVID’s mRNA shots now linked to VAIDSResearchers at Cambridge University have released a study showing that about one-fourth of those people who were given the mRNA shots during the COVID panic now have VAIDS, or Vaccine-Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.