The at-large position is designated for a Clark County resident living outside the Vancouver and Camas city limits
VANCOUVER – The Clark County Council is seeking applicants to fill one of three Clark County-recommended positions on the seven-member Fort Vancouver Regional Library District board of trustees.
The at-large position is designated for a Clark County resident living outside the Vancouver and Camas city limits. The seven-year term begins Jan. 1, 2023, and ends Dec. 31, 2030.
The board meets at 6 pm every third Monday. Meetings currently are held in a hybrid format. A schedule of public meetings is online at http://www.fvrl.org/about-us/trustees.
Library trustees are responsible for policies regarding the district’s 15 locations, two bookmobiles, online services at www.fvrl.org and centralized headquarters. The service area includes approximately 464,000 people and covers more than 4,200 square miles in southwest and south-central Washington. It includes all of Clark County except the city of Camas, all of Skamania and Klickitat counties and the city of Woodland in Cowlitz County. Camas is served by the independent Camas Public Library.
The district operates community libraries in Battle Ground, Goldendale, La Center, North Bonneville, Ridgefield, Stevenson, Washougal, White Salmon Valley and Woodland, as well as four outlets in the Vancouver urban area including downtown, Cascade Park, Three Creeks and the Vancouver Mall. The district also has two self-service locations in Yacolt and Yale Valley (Ariel), providing services to Yale Valley Library District patrons through an operational agreement.
People interested in serving should send a letter and résumé to Michelle Pfenning, County Manager’s Office, P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver 98666-5000 or email to email@example.com.
Application deadline is 3 p.m. Mon., Oct. 3.
Applicants should discuss their understanding of current challenges for public libraries; perspectives concerning public library services, facilities and materials such as print and electronic books and magazines, CDs, DVDs and digital resources; and the district’s funding as a junior taxing district.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.
- High school football: Defense sets the stage for Mountain View victorySure, there were nine touchdowns scored in Mountain View’s win over Evergreen, but defensive gems, especially early in the game, led the Thunder to a victory in the Class 3A Greater St. Helens League.
- Camas Lake Water Management Plan to clean lakes revealedCamas City Unveils $4.1 Million 10-Year Water Management Plan for Lacamas Lake, Targeting Phosphorus Pollution.
- Washington panel considers outlawing community notification of sex offendersThe State Sex Offender Policy Board is considering recommendations to the Legislature that could include making it illegal to notify communities when a sex offender moves into the area on the grounds that such policies undermine public safety.
- Opinion: Free-market health care innovations should be used to make lives better, not expand government powerElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes congressional and state policymakers need to find constructive solutions to concerns over new technologies in health care.
- Playground at LeRoy Haagen Memorial Park to close Monday for surfacing upgradeThe playground at LeRoy Haagen Memorial Park will temporarily close Monday (Oct. 2) and could remain closed through Fri., Oct. 20, to accommodate the installation of new poured-in-place rubber surfacing.
- Clark County Today Sports Podcast, Episode 15: A discussion on sideline behavior in regard to Seton Catholic-Stevenson issue; plus a look at rivalry gamesSeton Catholic and Stevenson officials have worked out a “positive resolution” to an issue the schools dealt with last week, plus the Mountain View-Evergreen rivalry is about to play its 50th football game.
- High school football: Milestone meeting between rivals Evergreen and Mountain ViewEvergreen and Mountain View renew their long football rivalry as the Class 3A Greater St. Helens League season begins in Week 5 of the the season.