According to the county, the financial benefits include an aggregate net present value savings of $857,586
VANCOUVER – Clark County Treasurer Alishia Topper announced the county closed on the refinance of three Limited Tax General Obligation Refunding Bonds and executed two additional early payoffs. The transaction was completed on July 14, 2022.
According to the county, the financial benefits include an aggregate net present value savings of $857,586. In addition, the refinancing allows the county to continue receiving state sales tax credit revenues for another 15 years to fund public facilities district capital projects, estimated revenues totaling upwards of $30 million.
“The Clark County Treasurer’s Office finance team manages debt on behalf of the county and we are pleased this refinancing saves the county and taxpayers monies. I am proud of the work of my chief deputy treasurer Sara Lowe for finding this opportunity,” Topper said.
|Component||%NPV Savings||$NPV Savings|
|2022A (Pepsi Building)||5.13%||$64,384|
|2022B (Health Center)||3.99%||$556,861|
|2022C (Expo Center)||1.72%||$183,747|
|Cash Redemption – Conservation Futures||2.10%||$43,678|
|Cash Redemption – Campus Development||1.29%||$8,916|
|Aggregate NPV Savings||2.99%||$857,586|
To learn more about how the county treasurer manages debt visit https://clark.wa.gov/treasurer/debt-management-1.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.
- Washington Supreme Court upholds constitutionality of capital gains taxThe Washington State Supreme Court has upheld the constitutionality of the state’s capital gains tax. The court released its 7-2 ruling on Friday morning.
- Sen. Lynda Wilson has warning for taxpayers after Supreme Court backs capital-gains income taxSen. Lynda Wilson of Vancouver, budget leader for Senate Republicans, offered this reaction to the state Supreme Court’s ruling today that the tax on capital-gains income adopted by Democratic legislators in 2021 is constitutional.
- Local photographer captures Northern LightsVancouver’s Heather Tianen drove for two hours to find clear skies in hopes of seeing the Northern Lights last night, and she captured some incredible images.
- Arrest made, public assistance still requested regarding October 2022 fatality collisionThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating a fatal collision that claimed the life of a Vancouver man last fall. Vancouver resident Gregory Bailey, 59, was arrested Thursday and charged with one count of Vehicular Homicide.
- Council Chair Karen Bowerman to deliver virtual State of the County AddressClark County Council Chair Karen Dill Bowerman will present the 2023 State of the County address in a video to be released on Tue., April 4.
- Councilor Michelle Belkot to hold first town hall for District 2 with Sheriff John HorchCrime has been in the news often in Hazel Dell and other District 2 areas of Clark County and Councilor Michelle Belkot is inviting area citizens to attend her first town hall to talk about it.
- POLL: Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?