The completed Kozy Kamp Neighborhood Park will include a playground, multi-purpose sport court, a paved and accessible loop trail, open lawn play area, and picnic tables and benches
VANCOUVER – Clark County will begin construction on Kozy Kamp Neighborhood Park on Mon., June 6. The park is located at 17410 Northeast 29th Avenue, south of Northeast 179th Street in the Fairgrounds Neighborhood.
The completed Kozy Kamp Neighborhood Park will include a playground, multi-purpose sport court, a paved and accessible loop trail, open lawn play area, and picnic tables and benches. Additionally, improvements will be made at the park boundary with Northeast 29th Avenue.
The county contracted with Advanced Excavating Specialists, LLC to work on the park. The project is funded by real estate excise taxes collected whenever homes are sold in Clark County, and park impact fees collected when new residential property is developed. The target completion date for Kozy Kamp is the end of September 2022.
More information can be found at https://clark.wa.gov/public-works/kozy-kamp-neighborhood-park. Residents can also find information on the Public Works Twitter, Facebook and Instagram profiles, and on Nextdoor.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.
- Sheriff deputy’s investigation into a wanted person leads to recovery of stolen firearms and drugsA 35-year-old man was arrested earlier this week and during the investigation deputies recovered firearms and drugs from a storage unit in Clark County.
- Battle Ground holds 2022 Holiday Tree Lighting CelebrationBattle Ground residents and others turned out Friday for the lighting of the community tree, the city’s traditional kick-off to the holiday season!
- Guaranteed basic income boosted by Washington DSHSDr. Lori Pfingst, senior director of poverty reduction for the Washington Department of Social and Health Services, touted the feasibility and benefits of implementing guaranteed basic income in Washington state during a Friday hearing of the House Housing, Human Services & Veterans Committee.
- Sen. Rand Paul: Fauci’s ‘bad judgment’ caused millions of deathsSen. Rand Paul begged to differ Thursday with a Washington Post interview characterizing Dr. Anthony Fauci as a “hero” and a victim, contending evidence shows the retiring director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases funded research directly responsible for a pandemic blamed for the deaths of millions worldwide.
- Washington state has low electricity prices. Will it stay that way?In terms of average retail price, Washington state has the seventh lowest electricity rate in the nation, 8.75 cents per kilowatt hour, according to a 2021 state electricity profiles report from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. The national average is 11.10 cents per kilowatt hour.
- GoFundMe spotlight: Squirrel Refuge seeking donationsThe Squirrel Refuge in Camas, a non-profit organization, has rehabilitated thousands of squirrels and other small mammals the past dozen years and is hoping to raise money for a new roof and added construction of its facility.
- Washougal residents attend Lighted Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting CeremonyThe city of Washougal kicked off the holiday season with the Lighted Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Thursday evening.