An unresponsive male was dropped off at the Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital Emergency Room entrance
On Friday (March 10) at around 4:57 a.m., personnel from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital for a suspicious circumstances call. Sheriff deputies arrived and found that an unresponsive male had been dropped off at the Emergency Room (ER) entrance to the hospital.
A pick-up truck arrived at the ER and summoned several medical personnel to assist. Hospital staff reported that there was an unresponsive male in the driver seat and there was another male who appeared to be driving the vehicle from the passenger seat of the truck. As soon as the hospital staff had gotten the unresponsive male out of the driver’s seat and into the hospital, the other male got in the truck and drove away.
The unresponsive male was declared deceased at the hospital. The identity is not being released pending notification to family members.
Due to the suspicious nature of the call, the Clark County Major Crimes Unit (MCU) was called to the scene to investigate. They are continuing the investigation.
Further updates will be made as more information becomes available.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- Opinion: Early response to Washington’s capital gains excise tax (AKA income tax) court rulingJason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center offers reactions from around the state on the state Supreme Court decision on the capital gains income tax.
- House’s nearly $70 billion operating budget includes Inslee’s housing referendumThe Washington State House of Representatives has rolled out its proposed $69.5 billion operating budget for the 2023-25 biennium that makes investments in housing, education and behavioral health.
- Opinion: Be ready for an income decrease: WA Cares’ payroll tax is 94 days awayElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes the state shouldn’t be dictating which life Washingtonians need to save for and how.
- ‘Death of our justice system’: Critics object to WA bill on clemency and pardonsSome critics say that will result in violent felons being released early and further erode public safety.
- Driver in fatal collision identifiedCamas resident Corey Hermance was identified by the Clark County Medical Examiner’s office as the driver in Sunday’s single-vehicle collision.
- Councilor Michelle Belkot to hold first town hall for District 2 with Sheriff John HorchCrime has been in the news often in Hazel Dell and other District 2 areas of Clark County and Councilor Michelle Belkot is inviting area citizens to attend her first town hall to talk about it.
- Woodland student from TEAM High School organizes Poetry Slam for classmates to share inspiring poetryLue Morgan, a senior at Woodland Public Schools’ alternative TEAM High School, organized an evening poetry slam as a way for them and their classmates to have an opportunity to share their creativity and to have their voices heard on the evening of March 1.
Unfortunately, I’m the person that took this gentleman to the hospital and under the circumstances I don’t really know any other thing I should’ve done, but take him to the hospital as I did and I had no business at the hospital. I don’t have any family ties to this gentleman , they aren’t going to disclose anything to me .so i went to contact his family and return his property to his family. That’s what I needed to do.
I don’t know why the police are even involved. They need to do an autopsy and then if a crime was committed then do an investigation. There was no crime committed here by taking someone to the hospital is not a crime and they don’t need to make it seem like it is. then when they attempted one time to contact me( as seen in pic of text message below) and I
didn’t respond promptly . There was no urgency in the message. I can’t tell them what he died from from the ask the doctors..so they put out a witchhunt on the news. now my friends family has to go through this every time they get on the TV , internet Or see a paper, they have to re-go through this horrific situation again and again and think possibe things that aren’t true about the situaton , for what ?how is that making it any better? It’s not bringing my friend back as their dad or husband .just making them think about the thing that you try not to remember…don’t understand the police or the hospitals motives . I told them. I was going to tell the family. when I left . It’s a waste of taxpayers money cops should be reprimanded for wasting our time and tax dollars…
The media just play along as well at who’s expense the family’s let them grieve. the. Police need quit trying to use this to justify the need for more cops.go investigate a crime not a Good Samaritan.